My Dearest Little Dragon

There were moments I would remember so vividly of the way my mother held me. She would tell me of stories she had heard from every kingdom of every kind.

Of adventure, of love, of war, and of princess and dragons. Would I remember these stories when it was time to tell them again. My mind had become blank to them.

I swallowed as my grip on my sword released and it fell to the ground.

Aura stood with tears forming in her eyes. At me...me...me...

A king? A husband?....a father?

I was mistaken. It was not her tears but my own. My vision was cloudy from the pouring down my face. She was calm as she usually would be.

I gently reached for her. How could such a fragile creature become even more fragile in seconds? I placed my hand on her stomach and fear shot through me. What if I was to hurt her? The baby? I snatched it away but she caught it and pulled it back into place.

    "Dont be scared my king..." She placed her hand on my cheeks managing to wipe away some of the tears. "Our child is safe. Our child will be strong and great like its father. Don't fear."

I hated those words. Don't fear. Now more than anything I was terrified. I thought back to the vision I had of the girl running into my arms. The scar across Auras face. The way the flowers grew. It would all be true. I smiled. This was even more reason to protect her...and her too.

I knelt. I knelt in front of my Queen and Mt princess.

    "She will be named...Sorrael" I smiled. Yes Sorrael...it was a perfect fit.

Aura's face twisted in wonder but she waved it off.

I gently placed a kiss on her stomach before I rose.

Foot steps approached, it was Terangus. He nodded in silence telling me it was time to go. I would not see my beloved wife or child for a very long time. I pulled her in and kisses her deeply but carefully.

I would make sure she was never hurt. I smiled and turned.

I took one last look before entering the halls of the castle.

She stood there with tears in her eyes, I was sure it was hers this time. Sorrael, my dearest little dragon. I will be home soon.

This meant I had even more reason to kill my uncle and nothing was going to stop me.

We quickly ran to the battle feild where many of my troops had left for war already. I was one of the last.

The two dragons shifted and took to the air. My closest men saddled themselves on horses and large cats.

It was time.

I let my cape fall from my shoulders. I set my crown on the ground.

I took a breath as my fire burned brightly inside. My powers had grew even stronger, I was the king now and I would show every one why. I aimed to keep my promise, my vision, my kingdom.

I took to the skies towards the smell of blood.