A Snake In Robes

Dragons were a really old and powerful race but when it came to honor we were just as foolishly aggressive as humans.

Only difference was we would stalk our prey sniff them out and attack.

My prey had come to me. He stood in silver robes and a smile that resembled a snake.

    "Hello my King.." He hissed. I clenched my teeth. I could feel the heat escaping my every pore. I hadn't been this angry since I killed the human king Huburus.

There is a time to kill and a time to play along with your prey. I smiled at him.

    "Yes Uncle? How may I service you?"

    "There has been a call for your presence amoung the council. They would like to speak about your..." He looked passed me to Aura... "Surprise..." He drifted off.

His tall lanky shadow waved across the wall and I felt his presence even more. He was upset but the smile was still plastered. He would play nice as well for a while until it was time for me to kill him.

    "I'll be there shortly. If you will," I held out my arm and he dismissed himself.

I closed the door and looked back to Aura. He was evil and he was hiding something. Something I was going to Uncover, but first I needed Aura to be safe. Who knew what the night would bring.

I crouched at her side, her face was twisted with worry. I would never let anyone hurt her.

    "My dear, my Uncle has unclean thoughts. I can feel it. He of all people has a vendetta to keep the kingdoms separated. He has the most reason to want my birthright. In the cave my ancestor came to me and blessed me. I shall use everything in my power to gain control and peace in this kingdom. But first my love I fear there will be a war. You must hide. Far away. After tonight I will send you away until he is dead." 

I whispered. She gasped, I didnt expect the sting of a slap to follow.

    "How dare you!" She growled.

I was probably too surprised at the fact I'd been slapped to speak I didn't want to get anymore of those.

    "I am your wife, your queen, if you ever in your life believe that I will hide in the face of danger and leave you you are a fool!" Her voice was hushed but there was immense power behind it. The voice of a queen the voice she'd used when I was a shackled prisoner.

I smiled and grabbed her to my chest. Oh this woman.

    "I am indeed a fool. I apologize. Who could ever stand by my side if not you." I kissed her forehead and walked to the chest. When I opened it there was my fathers sword, the same sword I had seen in my dream of her. She would need this...

I pulled it from the chest and handed it in her hands. There were no words needed. She nodded and sturdier herself. She had the face of a warrior.