My Son The Dragon King

I giggled as I played with the dragon toy mother had brought me from a far away land. Today humans would come here to the palace. I jumped from my bedding to the windows.

I loved looking at the clouds and villages below.

There was a knock at the door. Mother! I grinned. I straightened my clothes for her.

    "Enter!" I squealed. The door opened and entered a small child. About my age but small and frail looking. I frowned. This was not my mother.

    "Are you...prince? Syferus?" If I didnt have such excellent hearing I would have never heard the creature.

    "Yes." I said sternly. What was this little thing? It was female, long black pigtails, and rosey cheeks. Ugly. Our dragon princesses were prettier.

    "Are you supposed to be a human princess?' I scoffed and walked over to my bed sitting with my back turned. Maybe if I ignore it it'll leave.

    "My name is Princess Aura...but you can call me Aura...and I'll call you Syferus..ok?"

She waited for a response.

I didn't give her one. I heard the door and footsteps. I looked behind me. She had left. Aura...that was pretty. Hmm.

I followed her down the hall making sure she didnt see me. She was wandering without a guard in a foreigners castle. Foolish.

Why did I hate this creature? She smiled and danced down the hall alone...why?

She found the door to the garden om the cliff. Since we were so deep in the mountains all of our gardens were on a cliff and really dangerous for young dragons who couldn't fly.

I myself was still learning.

She stood at the door and I took a deep breath of relief. If she had...

Annnnnd there she goes. She sprinted full speed out the door and onto the cliff. My heart aosy exploded.

    "No!" I sprinted after her and out the door. I stopped in my tracks. She was in the edge with her hands held out and her face towards the sky. I was furious.

I stomped over to the creature and grabbed her arm. She jumped out of fright and toppled over. No! I grabbed onto her and slipped as well.

We were in the air now, my heart pounded agaonat my chest. Mother! Father! Save me! She was laughing and held her hands out as we fell. She was crazy!

I tool a deep breath and tried to remember what mother taught me. It wasn't working my wings wouldn't appear. I started to shake. I felt her arm tighten around me and her laughter stopped. She held on tightly and hugged me. We were hundreds of feet above the ground and she was warm and cuddly in my arms.

She would have been a horrible dragon. I clenched onto her. If we would die we would have to die together right?

Wrong we hut the ground...no....I looked down at beautiful white scales. Mother!

Oh heavens! I probably was happier to see her than I ever was before. The human creature didnt let go until we got back into the castle. Once we landed she looked at me and apologized before running off.

Either she would be the death of me or I of her.