A Snake In Robes

It had been three days since Aura and I had gone missing. The castle was in turmoil. I landed letting my queen down onto the soft grass of the garden. There was a glow in her eyes that pleased me.

Our consummation had weakened her, I had forgotten how fragile humans were. Nevertheless I agreed to cut it short and we returned. I was greeted at the garden by a mob of knights and council men, including my uncle.

    "MY KING! MY KING! WHERE HAD YIU DISAPPEARED TO? WE WERE WORRIED SICK!"

A council member cried as he approached. Alvaria made an entrance down the stairs into the garden.

    "He is a king, our king. He is not to be questioned. You of all wisemen should respect this." She was stabbing them with her looks. I smiled at her. She was a sight for sore eyes. She bowed.

    "I have glorious news upon my return. Tonight we shall throw a ball!" I said in a cheerful tone. This made way for the knights and men to rejoice. I knew they would spread the news. This would be a perfect time to announce my marriage to Aura.

More than that I would be able to weed out the snake who wouldn't be able to slither away.

I cut my eyes in the direction of my uncle. He would be a snake in a crowd of mongoose. Finished.

I took Auras hand in mine and proudly entered my castle. I ignored the wide eyes and gasps from the crowd but more so I ignore the burning of eyes in the back of my head from the hatred my uncle seeped.

I entered my chambers and requested a maid. The maid sent was petite and shy.

    "Your king requests that Her Highness's things are moved to my chambers at once." She nodded after giving me the same wide eye look everyone else had.

Aura sat on the bed resting her body. I felt bad. I knelt in front of her and rubbed her legs.

    "I'm sorry I hurt you my princes...Queen...I don't know my own strength."

She smiled and rolled her eyes.

    "You would think a Dragon King would have guessed a human lady wasn't as lasting as you are. You nearly killed me."

I chuckled. She was so dramatic. She would have been a wonderful dancer if she was born in another life.

    "Once again... I apologize. I'll make it up to you tonight." I grinned devilishly.

Her eyes flew open.

    "I'll die before I let you touch me again in such short time! Maybe actually this time." She frowned and pushed me away. I pulled her back embracing her.

    "I love you, you're mine, all mine. I will never let anyone take you away from me again. Not even death itself." I leaned in and kissed her. I would start a war over her if I needed to.

There was a knock at the door. That was quick for a chamber maid.

I pulled the doors open to reveal I just might have to start that war after all.