Chapter 8.5 - Love Is Stupid

Calum's POV

To everybody else, today is d day, but for me, it's just a normal school day. It is the day that the maths ranking will be revealed.

I didn't sleep at all last night because of what happened in dad's office. I haven't talked to him, as well. I can feel that mom can sense the tension between us, but I'm glad June is oblivious or she'll annoy me about it all the time.

Since I have no sleep, I'm cranky. I'm always cranky when I don't get my precious sleep. So expect me to be in a bad mood all day.

Shit.

I almost forgot, I have to give June a ride to school. I'm not really in a mood to put up with her shit. I have to think of an excuse not to bring her. School doesn't start in an hour so maybe if I go right now, she wouldn't come with.

I put on my uniform and grabbed my bags. I quickly went down the stairs to make it look like I'm in a hurry and went to the dining room.

"I'm going mum."

"What? You're not going to eat breakfast?"

"I have early soccer training." Nice excuse, Cal. High five. I kissed mom and went to the front door.

I got into my car and quickly started it before June could follow me but it was too late. She was already sat in the passenger seat.

Is she for real?

I looked at her in disbelief. "What are you doing?"

"I'm coming to school with you." She smiled at me but she looked away quickly.

She's so fucking annoying.

"I specifically said I have early morning training; school doesn't start in an hour." Can't she get the message that I'm not in the mood?

I groaned not wanting to exert any more effort. I'm tired, and hungry, and fucking annoyed.

The drive to school was so quiet and peaceful. At least she's not annoying me on the way to school.

I spoke too soon.

She turned the radio on and she softly sung along to the song. Her voice was soothing in every way possible. But I'm too fucking annoyed for that. I want a peaceful ride.

"Will you stop that?" I exclaimed turning right when the light turned green.

"Stop what?" She asked me innocently.

"The radio, and your singing, it's too loud."

"It wasn't really that loud." I heard her mumble but it was enough for me to hear.

"Well, still stop it, it's fucking annoying." I demanded. She turned off the radio and she slouched on her seat.

Thank God. Peace.

Just when I thought it will be forever silent, she spoke up, "Why is it that when you're with me, you're always mad or if not, you're always in a bad mood." She asked me, still looking outside the window.

Trust me, it's just a coincidence. I sighed, "You already know why," dismissing the topic but it doesn't seem that way to June.

"I don't think I do."

She's really getting into my nerves. I told you, you don't want to mess with cranky Calum.

"I told you! I hate stupid people like you." I already raised my voice, wanting to drop the topic but June doesn't seem to want to end it.