2.

Chloe's POV
Its Friday of the same September week and I'd previously given my class a small test just so i could see where they were at. Most students were doing well, beside Beca. She has a natural confidence when you speak to her and she's clever with her sentences but when it comes to writing it down or taking a test and answering questions...she's failing. Now I don't think she wants to see a big fat 'D' written on her Autumn term report when the rest of her class mates are getting 'C's' and above. When i said she has a way with being confident i mean she makes me blush. A lot. She'll compliment me all the time, say these things that makes me just wanna...kiss her. As a teacher that shouldn't be how you think of one of your students, should it? But my God is she hot. Like seriously. On paper, she is my type, brunette, dark makeup, a tom boy, funny, cute...but it'll never be.

I finished my marking as the class answered questions on chapter 9 of Lord of the Flies and placed the final test on top of the pile. I picked them up and began handing them out, when i placed them at their elbows, almost everyone grew smiles and thanked me. I kept Beca's to give her after class, and when I didn't hand her one, she glanced up at me with a concerning look, i broke eye contact and sat back down comfortably just as the bell rang signalling the end of the lesson and the start of last lesson.

"Class dismissed" i announced through a sigh and rubbed my forehead as a niggling headache had started. Someone stopped in front of my desk and i looked up to see a worried Beca. I picked her test paper up and stood "i have to say Beca, i was disappointed" i told her and handed her the paper. She sighed and cleared her throat "what happened?" I asked.

She shook her head "I don't know, im sorry, I'll try harder next time" she said with a forced smile, she went to leave but i grabbed her wrist, she looked down at my hand on her wrist and i snatched it away quickly.

"Sorry, but...erm...if you're struggling, then i could help you. Like extra tuition" i offered nervously, my cheeks heating up under her gaze, she stared at me then swallowed hard. "Thanks for the offer, but, really...I don't need your help" she shot at me, which stung slightly, i nodded and she gave me a small smile before leaving. I sighed in defeat before making my way to the staff room, my lessons for the day had finished.

Only 2 teachers were in, Chris and Henry- the principle, the two were laughing and joking on the sofa. I made my way over to the counter to make a cup of coffee, i felt a hand on my back and tensed up, i turned to see Chris.

"Everything okay?" He asked, his hand rubbing in circles between my shoulder blades, i nodded and shifted away from him, taking my coffee and going to sit beside Henry (or Mr Thompson) who gave me a sweet smile.

"How's your first week been?" He asked, i nodded into my mug and smiled back "are you sure?" He asked, i nodded again, more confidently, he gave me a wink. Chis came and sat opposite us on the other sofa, he was forward with his elbows on his knees.

"You look stressed" he said with a slight squint, trying to read me, i chuckled "its just, i recently marked a set of English papers and...well...it was slightly disappointing for one student in particular" I admitted, Chris rubbed his chin "who?" He questioned and i replied with "Beca Mitchell" he rolled his eyes and gave me an unimpressed face "get used to it. Beca Mitchell will disappoint you on more than one occasion" he told me. I snorted "oh no, i believe she has real potential" i argued back "yes, she does have potential, just never lives up to it" i bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself shouting at him.

After an hour of talking and mindlessly flirting with Chris- who is actually quite a charmer. The bell rang and the three of us stood. I made my way out of the staff room when i felt Chris' hand on my own, stopping me.

"Chloe, i would like to apologise for offending you by talking about Beca like that" he said, his hands in his suit pants pocket, i smiled and rubbed his upper arm "its okay, don't worry" i replied, he smiled at me crookedly again "you obviously care for the girl and I didn't mean to challenge you opinion" he explained more, i gave him a cute smile "apology accepted" i stated and opened my arms for a hug, he stepped into them and i wrapped my arms round his neck and his went round my waist. I heard hoots and wolf whistles as the kids walked past us, we broke away and blushed at each other, there was a moment of silence and we quickly spun and walked away.