28.

Beca's POV
A few weeks have skipped by and its the day of the talent show and it's gonna go so right tonight, i can feel it in my water. Behind the scenes tonight it hectic! We have Miss Gordon organising it, and some of the 10th graders are helping to set up the stage. We're all in a really Christmassy mood at the moment considering Christmas is in like 24 days (yes it's the first today) and we have a choir of people singing different Christmas songs as we set up. Tonight there are a lot of different acts including loads of singers, dancers, Benji is doing a magic act and there's some impressionists and a ventriloquist. I was polishing my matte black electric guitar which is quite a stunner but hasn't been out of its case for a long time. Kai, Benji and Jesse were laughing and carrying on in the corner but i was busy concentrating on all three songs i had to sing tonight, starting with Dirty Little Secret, then Say You Won't Let Go and finally the Hello rap, each song having a different out fit, the first one being a black and red flannel and some black jeans with my combat boots.

"Guys, show is starting, you're on in about 7 minutes" Miss Gordon popped in, with her headset on and a clipboard, we nodded at her and she left, just as Stacie flounced in.

"Beca, can you help me?" She asked with puppy eyes, she's doing a quickstep with Charlie and is dressed in this polka dot dress, i nodded and followed her out of the room and into the small rehearsal room.

"Charlie is at the bathroom and I need to practice so all i need you to do is run" she said, wiping her sweaty brow, i frowned.

"Uhm...okay?" I said, she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the corner.

"You know some of the routine don't you?" She asked. I nodded, I've watched her go through it a few times at her house ready for tonight and it's pretty great, "do you know the footwork?" She asked and we took up toe posture.

"Some of it" i said honestly and she gave me a nod.

"And 5, 6, 7, 8" she said and we shot off, and twist and kick and twist kick, hop hop, spin. Jump and spin, keep head back, jump spin, run with little steps round and round, run forward, spin slightly, run backwards with a toe lead. We hopped back into it kicking and flicking our feet round, side step, side step, switch direction aaaand...stop!

"Well done" she said, breathless, i leant over and put my hands on my knees.

"Fuck, I didn't realise i knew it that well" i laughed holding my chest.

"That was great thanks Beca" she replied to me, clapping her hands, "do you think its good enough?" She asked, wiping her brow again.

"I think its great, as long as you remain that consistent out of hold" i said, sounding very technical.

"Okay excellent" she nodded, "oh there's some more suits out there tonight as well so im sooo nervous"

"Really? I didn't know" i said, nerves washing over me at the notion that i might have my future handed to me on a plate, "anyway i have to go rehearse, shout my if you need anything else" i said and slipped out the door and back to the music room where the guys were quietly practicing in the corner, i picked up my guitar, sitting on the table beside Jesse.

We finished when Miss Gordon popped her head in, "can you make your way to the stage?" She asked, we all nodded and proceeded to help Kai move all of his drums, with my guitar over my shoulder, i carried the biggest drum and one of his cymbals, the big drum having the name of our extinct band on it ''The Entertainment Show' yes its a very unfortunate name, it was my mom's idea.

"You guys ready?" One of the stewards asked as Amy finished her last joke for her stand up act and came off, the lights dipping and the curtain falling. We picked up Kai's drums and set them up at the back, he sat down and made sure they were comfortable for him, he gave us a nod and out microphones were brought on stage and adjusted to our height, we gave them a thumbs up and took a deep breath before the curtain was raised and the audience cheered, I immediately spied Chloe out standing at the back with Miss Lutin in an off-the-shoulder sweater and some jeans.