20.

Chloe's POV
Its the next day and i woke this morning, absolutely shattered. The weekend has really caught up with me, but i did my best to cover up my tiredness with makeup and a smile.

I pulled up beside Chris' car and saw him leaning on the bumper of it, wearing a smart, dark grey suit with his man bag over him. But his behaviour was different. He was gripping his man bag strap and his other hand was used to tap his head, his temple in particular, he was mumbling something to himself and shaking his head quickly. I frowned to myself and opened the door of my car, which croaked as it swung back.

"Chris?" I asked sympathetically. He hopped off the bonnet of his car and his mouth fell open to say something but he started dodging around on the spot, looking around in fear. He huffed out in panic.

"Where have you been?" He asked through a hard sigh, i frowned.

"Uhm...i dunno what you-"

"You weren't here yesterday" he cut me off, whisper shouting. Then i remembered his anger problems and the thing that goes on inside his head. "Everything was wrong...yesterday didn't go properly...you weren't here and i-" i shushed him and rushed over, i took his hand from gripping his hair.

"Calm down, calm down" i whispered "im here now. Im sorry I should've called but i had..." I paused "food poisoning" i spat out, i frowned to myself. Yes that's okay I'll work with that...he took a deep breath in and raised his head, shutting his eyes. He opened them quickly and his pupils shrunk in the light.

"Alright?" I asked trying to read him. His lips curved into a smile and i smiled also.

"Okay. Sorry its just the little things..." he started but i stopped him.

"Its okay, im sorry" i said and he turned round and we walked in side by side. "Why're you looking so smart anyway?" I asked, strutting in the doors.

"We have that review meeting with the director of learning..." he said as if it wasn't obvious. What review meeting? Oh shit!!

"Oh my God! I totally forgot!" I shrieked and caught the attention of a few students "what did we need?" I asked.

"Uhm...some material from some of the kids to show their progress.."

I slammed a hand to my forehead. "Crap, im gonna have to get some quickly, uhm...books. Their exercise books will do!" I flapped my hands and pushed into my classroom, leaving Chris to walk down the hallway giggling to himself. I scrambled to my desk and crouched down, i yanked on the handle of the bottom drawer- where i usually keep the books- and dug under some readily marked papers to try and find some 12the grade books, but there was none, then i remembered. The kids took them for their assignment. I slammed the drawer shut and stood up, i pressed a hand to my forehead again and sighed. Beca will have hers! I scrambled to the door and ran out across the hall to where Beca was standing with Cammie and Amy. They stopped their conversation when i arrived.

"I need you guys to do me a favour" i said breathless, i swallowed hard in a rush "i need your English books, like, right now. I have a review meeting with the school director of learning and i have nothing...like nothing!" I explained, not taking a breath. All three of them chuckled and Beca reached into her open locker, whilst Cammie dug through her shoulder bag and Amy swung her rucksack round and pulled out her book. They each handed them to me and i smiled.

"Are all your green boxes finished?" I asked, their green boxes are just improvements i give them. Cammie groaned and pulled her book out of my arms then gestured for Beca to turn round. She took out a pen and started scribbling in her green box. She finished seconds later and handed me the book again. I thanked them profusely.