6.

Beca's POV
It's Friday and yesterday was awkward, I didn't speak to Chloe all day, i barely even looked at her. She didn't speak to me either, she didn't ask me for my answers in English or get me to read out. In the end i spent my day helping with the music department and the musical. But i have a plan to take her on a date if she would like to.

After the kiss, my feelings for her shot through the roof. So much so, i found myself writing a song for her, Its still a working progress but it's about how she makes me feel and how i feel about her.

"Beca!" Emily slammed her hand down in front of me at the lunch table, i jumped and looked up at her "what's wrong?" She asked and i stared blankly at her.

"Huh? What? Nothing" i said in a hushed tone and narrowed my eyes back to my fingers where i picked the black nail polish.

"You haven't even touched your sandwich" Jesse nudged me and flicked my sandwich box. I huffed and ran my hands down my face.

"Yeah i know, im just not in the mood" i grumbled back and glanced up where i saw Miss Beale in the lunch cue with her purse in hand. I stared at her and tried to catch her eye. Mr Perfect Devilhoyde came in and put a hand on her back and stood beside her with his back to us. She laughed at whatever he just said, they had a small conversation and she glanced over his shoulder at me and her smile slowly faded. I broke eye contact and continued to pick at my nail varnish. I felt everyone's eyes burning me as they stared.

"Something happened with Miss Beale?" Jesse asked me, i looked at him then to her, she was still staring at me. I looked back to Jesse.

"Dude, i fucked it all up man" i said quietly, he frowned.

"How?" He asked and shrugged.

"I kissed her" i whispered behind my hand so no one heard. His eyes widened.

"No way" he replied in a hushed voice, i nodded and we both looked to her where she was now speaking to the cashier person and buying a packet of crips and a sandwich. She turned round and caught my eye once more, she slowed her walking down and gave me a weak smile before strutting off down the hall.

I sat back and sighed, covering my face with my hands. "Yo, just go talk to her" Jesse suggested, i paused and chewed my lip before shooting up and throwing my bag over my shoulder.

I heard everyone asking where i was going but Jesse had my back and told them i was going to the bathroom. I walked through the hall where i noticed Cammie and Ben cuddling by her locker, his hands on her ass and she nuzzled into his chest. She locked my eyes and moved off Ben and gave me a nervous smile.

"Beca i-" she started but i waved to stop her.

"Not now Cam, im busy I'll talk to you tonight" i said, my mind in the zone of what i need to do.

I came to Chloe's room and knocked gently. "Yeah come in" she said from the other side, i closed my eyes and took a breath before opening the door and stepping in. She was smiling till she saw me then she swallowed hard and got back to marking.

"You know Beca, im really busy I don't really have time for whatever you want" she explained and scratched her forehead where her scar is without looking up.

"I know, just i wanted to say sorry for what happened on Wednesday" i spat out quickly and she paused marking, she raised her head and scowled at me, i walked to the desk in front of hers and sat down on it. "Yeah im sorry, I don't know what came over me, I obviously read all the signs wrong and...i dunno i just..." I sighed after my explanation and let my hand that I'd been waving round fall with a slap to my thigh. She fiddled with her pen and pouted at me. She didn't say anything just stared past me. I craned my neck "say something?" I pushed on. She sighed.