Resurrection-Chapter 1

"Dr. Eggman, are you sure this is safe to do? Given previous experience-"

"Don't you dare finish that statement! I know what I'm doing, and this time I have an offering to give..."

Dr. Eggman was continuing his previous project that Sonic and friends tried to foil- the one where he tried to summon the "unknown source of power." Dr. Eggman had already been aware of the dimensional disturbances before Blaze The Cat arrived last time. Once the disturbances came to his attention first, he immediately tried to attract it into the planet. Orbot and Cubot were trying to sway Dr. Eggman away from this plot, and not only because of what he was doing, but because of the offering he was willing to give in case it was more than just an entity harnessing such power.

The doctor clicked a few buttons on his supercomputer and as last time, two camera feeds opened on his screen: one of the sky above the base and the other of the antenna on his base. He clicked another button, the base's antenna starting to charge. Unexpectedly, the antenna exploded four seconds into its preparation.

"What?! No! Computer, run a diagnosis!" Eggman scoffed.

"Error: System unable to perform any actions. Base operations offline."

Eggman pounded his fists onto the desk and rapidly tried to fix the problem manually.

"You can stop trying to summon me, I come to worlds I see fit. This time, I have purpose."

Eggman spun around upon hearing the deep, cold, and eerie voice behind him. There, stood a dark tan man, a bit taller than the Doctor. His eyes were blazing orange that stood out from his white long hair that had three spiked parts on the back of his head, almost like a trident. Towards the end of the hair that fell loose, his hair faded into a misty blue.

He wore a white strapped and buttoned long-vest, under a long coat that was black around the torso and grey towards the bottom, and a gold accent on the front trimming. He had blue shoulder pads, white glove, each with a black wrist line and black buttons along the forearm-high cuffs, and black knee-high boots that had a silver trim along the shaft rim.

Aside from his unique clothing, the biggest oddity about him was the emblem above his bare chest. It resembled a heart, but at its bottom, it spread open into three points, and in the middle of the heart were two intersecting lines that made an X and looked to be adorned with thorns.

 It resembled a heart, but at its bottom, it spread open into three points, and in the middle of the heart were two intersecting lines that made an X and looked to be adorned with thorns

"Energy detected. Requesting initiation of experiment." the computer beeped in.

"Computer, cancel the experiment-" Eggman requested, not taking his eyes off the man before him, "Who are you?"

"My name is Ansem, Seeker Of Darkness. I sense that you have an offering for me." said the man.

Dr. Eggman gave his signature grin, "A man of business are you? Well then, let's get to business then, shall we? Orbot, Cubot, one of you! Bring me the scepter!"