Prologue

Superhero.

By denotation, it means, "a fictional character who has amazing powers (such as the ability to fly)" or "a very heroic person."

Right away, comic book icons come to mind for many. What if I told you you're thoughts are limited? You need to think broader. Do not limit yourself to what you consider a "superhero." Again, by denotation, one can imply it's anyone with amazing powers.

Now, think outside of comic books, broaden your spectrum of powerful characters...go ahead, do it. Anyone that has one or more remarkable powers, abilities, and/or feats.

The next time you are asked "Who is your favorite superhero," don't think just comic books. Didn't it suck that you couldn't pick a character you really liked, because by "popular definition," they didn't "qualify" as a superhero?

Well, now you know how to answer that question. And hopefully you can try to implement this knowledge into others...

With that said, this is a story about a group of superheroes, under the category of "anthropomorphic superheroes." The word anthropomorphic means "described or thought of as being like humans in appearance, behavior, etc."

Yes, they count as superheroes too...again, broaden your spectrum!

One of these heroes, the main hero, is Sonic The Hedgehog. A blue hedgehog who (contrary to his name) has the ability to run at speeds beyond the speed of sound. Sonic lives in and protects planet Earth, but it was never a place he was supposed to call "home". He comes from a distant planet, planet Mobius.

There was an accident during a mission to stop his arch nemesis, Dr. Ivo Robotnik, better known as Dr. Eggman. Eggman (for short) has always plotted to recreate the entire world to his own liking: a twisted amusement park-themed world. The Doctor has even went as far as capturing animals and trapping them in his robotic minions, who would be armed with various weapons. And if there was anything Mobians cared about most, it was innocent life on their planet.

The accident on Mobius somehow transported Sonic, some fellow Mobian heroes, and Eggman to another planet: Earth. Since then, they've gotten comfortable on Earth, and have not found a way to return to Mobius.

At first, the people of Earth were skeptical of these new "aliens" (except for Eggman, he was the only humanoid on Planet Mobius, so fitting in was no problem), but after proving their worth, Sonic and friends gained the trust of these Earthlings- they were no different than their own Mobians. With this, their desire to return to their old home became a sworn duty to protect their new one.

================================================================

"So Sonic, do you think Shadow will ever come back?" asked Tails.

Miles "Tails" Prower is a golden fox with a golden heart. He is Sonic's best friend and a mechanic/inventor who always comes up with something to help Sonic in his adventures. Sonic and Tails' friendship goes as far back as Mobius.

As a child, Tails was constantly teased for his unique appearance that granted him the nickname- he was born with twin tails. Upon meeting one another, Sonic found Tails as a nuisance, but after Tails proving his loyalty, Sonic took the time to get to know the young fox more, and in time, this awkward duo solidified what would become an unbreakable bond.