Resurrection-Chapter 10

Theme Song: "Knight Of The Wind" by Crush 40
_______________________________

At Sonic's House...

"Sally, it's entirely up to you. I could stay here protecting us, or you could join me. I know Mephiles is out there looking for those Chaos Emeralds." Sonic offered.

"There's no use in us staying together at home, when we could stay together fighting for the world. I'm going with you." Sally smiled.

"Good...I still think it ain't enough."

"Sonic, I'm a Freedom Fighter too, ya know? I took over, remember? When you left and all?"

"No, I'm not saying you're not enough, I know what you're capable of...I just feel like we won't do enough. We need more people."

"Should we find the others?"

"Yeah...or-...Nah. That's a bit much."

"What? Sonic, I think any stupid idea would work right now."

Sonic met eyes with her and smirked, "Are you sure about that?"

"I don't see why not. Come on, what is it?" Sally urged.

Sonic responded with a wider grin, striding away holding up a finger.

"Where are you going?" Sally asked.

"Give me a moment." Sonic called back.

He walked over to his personal library of books in the living room and started scanning around for something.

"OK, I know I said any stupid idea, but how will a book help us?"

"Shh!...Aha!"

Sonic pulled out a locked, seaweed-color, book and returned to Sally, showing her the cover.

She took it from him to read the cover, "'Sonic and the Black Knight?' What's this?"

"I tried telling Amy about it, but she wouldn't believe me. A while ago, I was summoned into this book, or dimension I guess."

"Say what?" Sally gawking at Sonic now.

"Let me finish. So originally, this was the story of King Arthur, but it turns out the book was actually pretty twisted."

"Twisted how? That's a bit far-fetched given no experts have found out yet."

"Maybe on Mobius-"

"We don't have a physical copy of this on Mobius."

"OK, well this dimension!...I guess...I don't know if other dimensions have this story, but-"

"OK! This particular book, within our dimensional space! Continue."

"...Sure, whatever you said. Anyway, so King Arthur was actually an illusion created by Merlin-"

"The wizard?"

"Yeah. Arthur wound up becoming corrupt and tyrannical, using his new dark powers to bring fear to his people. Merlin's granddaughter, Merlina, brought me into the book...or world- whatever. I wound up finding a talking sword-"

"A what?"

"Could you let me finish?"

"Sorry, proceed!" Sally giggled.

"...A talking magical sword, by the name of Caliburn. He taught me how to be a knight and stuff-"

Sonic stopped again to Sally's snort.