MILESTONE

It's been three years since this book has been on Wattpad, and yeah, I suppose that was enough time to gather that much reads

But it happened differently. It didn't gradually increase with each passing day. At first, I wasn't doing so hot. Then, when I swallowed my pride and decided to enter the Wattys 2016, that's when it all changed.

Since then, I've noticed contests popping up left and right, it was like a revolution! In which, now I see even more of them for just about everything! Along with reviews, free reads, and all that promotion stuff!

So two years I've kept myself in the dark. But in about 9-10 months, I found the light.

And now, I realized I should've gotten out into that light earlier, because really, I didn't "find" it. It was in front of me this whole time and I turned it down.

Thank you everyone who's stood with me on this book while I was in the dark, then followed me through the light. Thank you for those who noticed me in the light, and stood by me. And thank you to those who helped me get to the light. The following have helped me in these categories (you know where you belong):

felisleo18
TheWriteandWin
BadassReads
TheWattys
WrittenInAction
TheEmeraldAwards
123itsmeee
Wattpad
  ~I'd like to broaden the identity of tagging Wattpad. Not only do I mean the company who holds the account, but also the readers of Wattpad. The company is the reason why these stories even exist, before it was just pen-and-paper stuff, but besides the small amount of people I knew who wanted to read it, this story didn't have too much of a purpose, let alone an audience!
~For the readers of Wattpad, let's be real and do the math here. Of those people I tagged, only one of them finished the entire book. That's 32 reads right there. Then me; if I'm not mistaken, Wattpad counts only the first self-read. Another 32, so 64 reads. Then the rest really only read part of the book for the sake of just reviewing it; that's around the first 2-6 parts. And I think one of them may have read at least 10 parts so far.

So then that's about...6-18 reads?

That leaves us at 70-82 reads.

But I'm at 1,000.

That leaves over 900 reads that I do not know of, aka "Ghost Readers."

As much as I'd like for you to break out of your shell, I'm grateful for you as well. So thank you!

Anyway, if there's any lesson this story may have, it's that the light will always conquer the dark. If anyone out there is going through the same thing, take every opportunity possible. That's the purpose of Wattpad, to make us known and to make us better, because not too many else in the real world will.

Happy reading everyone, I hope to see you all (and by "see," I mean count) again sometime in the future!
Take care!