Trivia

These are just fun facts, behind-the-scene, and background stories about everything in the Saga!

________________________________

-This story has been almost exactly five years in the making. I started this specific rendition of the stories around May 2012 and I finally finished it in May 2017. But, I say "rendition" because I've rebooted the Saga more than once. And before I decided I wanted to make it a series, I was already writing Sonic stories at different points of my childhood, starting with "The Microwave Cannon" in 3rd grade (2007)! It was in the late of 6th grade (2011) where I decided to combine my separate stories into what is now "Sonic & Friends Saga." Then eighth grade, I rebooted the whole series into what you have read here! So technically, you can also say this was actually ten years in the making!

-"Love Sick's" plot was a bit different originally. It was still a debacle between Sally and Amy over Sonic, but the contest was actually held by Sonic! I depicted his character in that story as a bit more ignorant person, deeming his lover worthy depending on who won the contest! And there was no Espio until my second reboot, so Amy went home with no hope! But, Sally and Amy did end on an apologetic note.

-"Chaos" is a totally different concept from the story that used to take its place! Before I wrote the original "Resurrection," I wanted a story between that and "Love Sick" that introduced a stronger feeling of action within the series. It was known as, "The Return Of The Babylon Rogues." The Babylon Rogues are characters from the Sonic Riders video game series. When I wrote this story, they only had made the first game, and in my opinion, they were long overdue for a sequel! So I made a "what-if" story on if they were to return, but not for a racing game, for something serious. The main plot was they returned to steal something valuable from Sonic's home and to give it to Dr. Eggman. Shadow was even hired by the Rogues to assist them in ridding of Sonic! The irony of all this though, a few months after I wrote this, they released the sequel to "Sonic Riders." 😂

However, when I wanted to reboot this story later on, I did more research and realized there were too many inaccuracies within the story, it wasn't doable! So, I scrapped the title and the main antagonist(s). Instead, I came up with what is now "Chaos," which still had a "search-and-find" appeal to it, except with the Chaos Emeralds rather than a magical ring (long story, let's forget that)- but it was done correctly, it wound up being longer and much more action-packed, AND it flowed better into "Resurrection" than its predecessor did!

-Speaking of "Resurrection," in Chapter 17 of it, I told you that that whole installment wound up entirely different than the original! Oh my goodness, looking back at it now, I no longer regret trashing the original copy!

"Resurrection" was my greatest work according to those who did read it. But all of them were not as knowledgeable of certain things, just like I wasn't! So I didn't have anyone to correct all the horrible details and facts going into the story! At the time, I was into many fandoms (as I am now). I was also into the video game, "Super Smash Bros. Brawl," and for those who do not know what that is, it's basically a game where you can pick from a bunch of iconic video game characters and fight together with them!

 Brawl," and for those who do not know what that is, it's basically a game where you can pick from a bunch of iconic video game characters and fight together with them!