Resurrection-Chapter 18

Theme Song: "Breath Of Life" by Florence + The Machine
_________________________________

By the time G.U.N. and the Eggman Empire arrived, both sides shared a staredown. At the front of each side, leading their respective alliances was Sonic and Mephiles. Silver and Shadow stood close behind Sonic.

"Well, alright then!" Mephiles snickered.

He duplicated himself into three and the each ordered commanded to the army of ten-thousand Heartless: "Rip out their hearts!"

The three Mephiles levitated higher and split up in different directions, as the Heartless started moving forward. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver split as well, chasing down the Mephiles. Dr. Eggman's large mech fired up its engines and rose up from the ground. He clamored as well: "ATTACK!" as he flew off towards the creatures proportionate to his size, the Darksides.

Everyone else down below moved forward as well to clash against evil.

On The East Side Of Town...

Shadow skated through the streets with a vengeance, chasing down Mephiles, who flew faster every time Shadow drew in. Shadow sensed what felt like a small wind of energy. It was the Chaos energy from the Chaos Emeralds Mephiles had. Shadow concentrated on the energy. He tried not to lose sense of it...it only took so much as a small, hasty, thought. Shadow grinned, then disappeared in a bright blue flash.

Mephiles felt his presence disappear and stopped mid-flight to check his surroundings. Shadow reappeared in the air behind Mephiles and before Mephiles could react, Shadow side-kicked Mephiles into the nearby clothing store, grounding him. Shadow teleported to meet Mephiles, who just crashed through the windows, causing the alarms to go off. Shadow gripped Mephiles to a stand, but Mephiles escaped in his black haze and reformed behind Shadow, with an energy sphere ready. Shadow rotated quickly, but Mephiles let the sphere combust, blasting Shadow across the store and into a steel beam, cranium-first.

"Even when split, I'm still more powerful than you!" Mephiles mocked, hovering closer to Shadow.

Shadow's head was spinning while he tried to refocus on Mephiles' Chaos energy. He felt himself lifted off the ground to come face-to-face with his doppelganger of darkness. Shadow quickly regained his concentration and gripped Mephiles by his shoulders too.

Shadow's entire body then starting glowing red. With gritted teeth, he snarled, "I will show you what power truly is!"

Mephiles knew exactly what was about to happen. Being under Shadow's form, he also has Shadow's abilities. Mephiles' body started glowing indigo and growing brighter with Shadow.

"Hahahaha! Don't let go!" challenged Mephiles.

Gripping him tighter, Shadow grinned, "Not planning on it."

At the same time, the light engulfed their appearances, and they yelled:

"CHAOS BLAST!"

Like a bomb, their glows flashed out and they each sent out a shockwave of impactful force waves, which ignited and expanded throughout the store. The roof fell inwards, which followed with the whole building to collapse on the two. A pile of burning, shapeless rubbish was left.

A few seconds later, Shadow crawled out through the debris, shoving rocks and cement blocks out of his way. Freeing himself, he also was dragging Mephiles' limp body. With one more tug, Mephiles slid out and Shadow released him to sprawl out on the ground next to him. When Shadow went to stand, Mephiles had vanished. Shadow felt the energy from far however.

"Shoot. This was the false body. Either Silver or Sonic have the next one...or both." Shadow dusted himself off and skated away.

On The West Side Of Town...