Just A Couple Of Pitchers

I woke up at six am to go for a run. I really needed to run to clear my mind of the bizzare dream I had the night before. When I began to run my legs felt all jelly like and my feet felt heavy. It was all because I had just woken up. A cool breeze kept sending chills through my bones. I wasn't used to Philadelphia weather yet. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the dream out of my head. Images from the dream kept flooding back. I guess I should tell y'all what happened in it that left me so shocked. The setting and such weren't that shocking it was more the person it featured and what he did and how I felt. It all started out normal I was watching Aaron pitch. 

Dream

"Nice job Nola!" I congratulated him after he struck out the side. "Thanks gorgeous!" He said as he walked into the dugout. "Wait what did you call me?" "I said thanks gorgeous." "But I ain't pretty." "Now that's insane." He leaned over and brushed his lips against mine and I kissed him back. "Thanks handsome." "I ain't handsomer than you are pretty." "Ugh Nola always contradicting the truth." After I said that he pulled me into a deep kiss. 

End dream

I couldn't understand what the dream was trying to tell me but I couldn't fall for Aaron Nola. He's my teammate and it'll set everything off. Besides I didn't like him. Sure he's pretty handsome but hes my teammate. Even if I liked him how could he like me. 

I had gotten so into my thoughts that I didn't realize where I was and before I knew I had run into someone causing me to fall to the ground. 

"Woah there miss, so sorry!" I looked up into the eyes of none other than Aaron Nola. "Abigail?" He asked realizing it was me. He offered his hand to help me up I grabbed it and tried to hide my blushing. 

"Yeah, sorry Aaron!" 

"No no you're fine." He smiled sweetly, he seemed so different when he wasn't in the clubhouse.    Back there he's so tough and serious and yet now he's so sweet and honestly kinda adorable.

"What're you doing out here?" I asked trying to hide how nervous I was. I mean coming off of that dream and then seeing him, awkward.

"I'm out running." I realized how stupid my question was since he was clearly in running gear. He had on a blue under armor shirt that showed off his muscles and althletic shorts. I eyed his fancy running shoes probably one of the perks of being a pro.

"Me too! I would die for those shoes." 

"You get shoes like these by going pro. Where you headed? I was about to go grab some breakfast wanna come?" 

"I was about to head back to Cameron's but I guess I could grab something with you I am starving." He nodded and we ran to a cute restaurant on rittenhouse park. I recognized it immediately as Tulula's Daily which was one of my favorite places to eat when I was younger. 

"I love this place!" I said as we walked in thankfully not many people were there to recognize us. 

"Really? It's one of my favorites!" 

"Yeah I used to come here with my family all the time when I was a kid." We got our food and sat outside.

"You're from Philly?" 

"Yeah. Well technically Minnesota but then I moved here in 2008." 

"I knew there was something odd about your accent."

"Yeah I'm from a small town in the southwest of Minnesota. When we moved here I watched the World Series and fell in love with the team, been that way ever since." 

"That's like a perfect line of where I'm from in Louisiana! Also I watched the World Series and wanted to play here too!" He actually got really excited. He got so cute when he was excited