Don't leave me

I stopped in my tracks. "What?"

"I like you Abigail." 

"Austin I have a game."  I ran in the direction of the hotel to get a taxi.

"Abigail!" When someone, probably Austin called my name.

"Austin I told you I have a game! Please just leave me alone!" I shouted back not bothering to turn my head.

"Abigail, it's me, Odubel!" When I turned my head I saw Odubel in a fancy sports car pulled over to talk to me.

"Odubel? Sorry about that!" When I looked back I realized that Austin was catching up to me.

"I'm heading to the game, wanna come?" 

"That would be great!" I got in as quick as possible, just as I closed the door Austin caught up.

"Abigail! Why don't you treat me like Aaron? Are he and I really that different?"

"Austin, it's complicated. I'm sorry."

"At least let me give you my number if something happens."

"Ok I'll give you mine." Odubel had stopped the car. I took austins phone and wrote my number, then we drove off.

"What was that with Nola's brother?" He finally asked the dreaded question.

"If you look on social media and online you'll understand." 

"Why? What's on there?"

"Too complicated to explain. You'll see." After we arrived things were crazy, the media was already trying to figure out everything about Aaron, about Austin. I lost Odubel in the crowd of reporters and interviewers. Everyone was flinging questions about what happened with Austin earlier. There were so many questions about how Aaron was doing. I was speechless, so much has happened I didn't know where to start or what to say. It felt like ages since I had last been here. Suddenly someone grabbed my arm and lead me to the locker room. 

"Thank you, Tyler?" When I looked to see who had helped me escape, I saw it was Tyler.

"Your welcome." He smiled and closed the door behind me as I entered. Everyone stared at me. 

"I'm back, Aaron's doing ok and his brother is weird. That's your daily update on my life. How're y'all doing here?" 

"We're good." Said Ryan Howard, the veteran rarely spoke to me but now he started talking. I nodded then walked to my locker, I got changed and waited for game time. I decided doing weights could be fun so I did that for a bit. Everyone wasn't too upset and I tried to hide how I was feeling. I felt miserable without Aaron and confused by Austin. There were times I'd wonder about dating Austin then I'd push that aside. Staying in conversations with teammates without going quiet was impossible. Coach told me to throw BP so I did that. After that I went to the cages and got some good hitting in, my anger powered the ball far. 

"You have to get your bat on top of the ball." Someone spoke, I turned to see Ryan. 

"Now look who's talking." 

"Trust me it works. I thought it was crazy too but it works." I shrugged and tried it the ball was crushed. 

"So what're you doing in  here talking to me?"

"What's wrong with a veteran giving a rookie advice?"

"Nothing it's just something tells me that's not all you want."

"Abigail, listen I understand what you're going through with Aaron. I get that you feel lonely but listen, every single one of my teammates with the exception of Carlos  have been traded or retired and yet I'm fine, I'm not miserable, I survive."