Sibling Rivalry

A/N- Can y'all please follow my friends @DiamondWorks and @hlexer 

"What the hell was that?" Cameron angrily asked when we reached the dugout, I had never seen him this angry before.

"Yeah what the hell were you thinking, going against Cameron's sign and then giving up a home run to my stupid brother? Oh, wait you probably did it because you thought he was cute since he's your boyfriend."

"Shut up Aaron, you're just jealous." Aaron made a face and I glared. Taking a deep breath in order to prepare myself for my apology to Cameron, he had helped me out so much.  "And Cameron, I am sorry I thought he could not hit the pitch I threw although of course you were right and I was wrong.  I know I should have known better than to go against you, you are the smartest catcher I know. As you know I was confused there was a lot of pressure on me and I cracked, please don't be angry with me." Cameron was focusing on the ground more than me and once I finished he brought his gaze back up to me. He just looked at me for a while, I was beginning to worry that he was still upset and then much to my relief, a smile appeared on his  face. 

"It's fine Ab, just do not let it happen again. Nola on the other hand, I don't think he will ever be fine with it. But what can I say, no rivalry is stronger than the rivalry of two brothers. So sad when two brother's both playing the same game, like the same girl, it can through everything off." At first,  I just nodded, looking at Aaron who still looked pretty pissed and was sitting at the other end of the dugout. Then I realized what he had just said and reality set in and I realized what he had just said meant he thought Aaron liked me which was definitely 100%  not true. Austin does like me, but Aaron, not so much.

"Yeah, that's sadly true... wait what?!" 

"So looks like the rest of your offense is hitting pretty well today, right Ab, right?" He asked changing the subject, he kept nudging me to get my attention but I was in some weird type of a daze. 

"What? Oh yeah, they are hitting well today. What was it you  said about them liking the same girl?" I spoke so quietly I was barely even speaking.

"What?"

"What?" I said awkwardly looking around the dugout for help, some distraction. There was nothing or no one, everyone was being way too normal today. 

"Hey, what's Odubel doing?" Cameron asked and I drew my attention to the field, Odubel was for no apparent reason sliding in head first to first base, thankfully by some miracle he was safe.

"I'm telling you that kid gets crazier and crazier every day," I said to Cameron then I turned back to Odubel and yelled at him. "Hey, El Torito! If you want me to love you then you gotta play like a real ballplayer!" He stuck out his tongue at me and began taking his lead. Cameron snickered and then he pointed at Austin who was standing at shortstop glaring at Odubel Herrera,  Odubel shrugged, innocently and then I laughed. Odubel kept slowly taking more and more of a lead and then "bam!" he was off, sprinting for second. Herrera made an impressive slide to steal and I began cheering. Then I saw Austin saying something to Odubel and I got worried  although I was sure it was just a joke. 

"What're they talking about?"

"Austin's telling Odubel to back off his girl." Cameron calmly replied. 

"Who's his girl?"

"You." He said simply.

"But I don't... but we aren't..." 

"Sure Ab, whatever you say. You and I both know it wasn't an accident Austin Nola's first big league hit was a home run against you." 

"Yeah whatever." I was actually getting into a really good mood now that Cameron and I were talking. He and I kept laughing and talking. It all calmed me down, it seemed like nothing could ruin my good mood, apparently I was wrong.