All Star

I woke up the next morning with Aaron's arm sprawled across my body. I moved it off and reluctantly got out of the warm bed into the cold apartment. Chances were he was tired from his game so I let him sleep more. As I said before Aaron's apartment was completely southernifed. It was extremely welcoming and clean. I walked to the window that had a decent view of the city. My stomach growled telling me I should make breakfast. Easily finding my way to the kitchen I got out the various ingredients for pancakes. I found my phone and eyed a bluetooth speaker. My phone connected and I put on southern country. The music took over me reminding me of the place I came from, the place where Aaron came from. When I was little my dad and I used to make pancakes for my mom and brother all the time so I had the recipe memorized. I considered it a victory when I found peaches for peach pancakes. It wasn't hard to find my way around the kitchen. Just as I finished stirring the batter and was about to put a pancake on the griddle, Aaron walked in.

"What's happening?"

"Breakfast. Good morning! Hope you like peach pancakes and country music!" 

"Love it all!"

"Good cause you're setting the table." He started setting the table and I took a couple pancakes onto a plate. 

"So you excited to find out if you made it to the all star game?" He asked as we began to eat.

"Yeah. If I got in I'd probably with Odubel which is cool." Although in my head I was disappointed it probably wouldn't be Aaron. 

"You don't seem that excited to spend all that time with Odubel, do you hate him or something?" 

"No it's just he'll probably find some other Spanish players and I'll be abandoned."

"No you won't."

"And what makes you so sure?"

"I'm gonna come." 

"Aaron you don't have to come." 

"No I do. I can't take you to Louisiana if  I'm not there to take you immeadiately. Besides I want to meet your family."

"No you don't Aaron trust me. I doubt I'm even going."

"Please Abbie, you're only the top pitcher this year they'd be stupid to count you out. Also as soon as I figure out if you're in, I'm getting plane tickets and renting a place down in Nola." I laughed when he used New Orleans nickname. 

"Thanks aar." 

"No problem." And for a couple of minutes our eyes locked.I had the sudden urge to kiss him but I restrained myself, maybe in New Orleans I thought. 

"Well I should go home, thanks so much for having me it was amazing." I got up and went in the direction of his room where my clothes were resting on a chair. After getting changed I hugged him goodbye then left for Cameron's apartment. I was starting to look into apartments that I could move to so I could feel more individual. 

"Where on earth were you?" Cameron asked as soon as I walked in.

"At Aaron's."

"That would explain the fact that you're still wearing yesterdays clothes, you do realize you're absolutely terrible at the walk of shame."

"No Cameron, not like that. More like I was tired so he let me stay over. Oh yeah and by the way I'm gonna start apartment searching soon." I added the last bit in almost as an afterthought.

"What? Why?" 

"So I can be more independent. But thanks for  having me!" He smiled as I went into my room and got ready for the game. I started to read  a romance. But then put it down when my brother called. 

"What is it?" I asked as I picked up.

"Chill, I'm at mom and dads  and they were wondering if you want to meet up during the break. Although dads  convinced you're gonna make it to the all star game." My brother's annoying, smartass voice replied. He had always been smarter than me, always proving me wrong, always complaining about sports and whatnot. I honestly wasn't in the mode for spending the break where I'm supposed to relax with him. My parents, maybe but him, no way. I was immediately thankful for Aaron's invitation to New Orleans. 

"I already have plans with... A friend." 

"Oooooo, Abigail's gotta boyfriend!" 

"Shut up! What part of friend says boyfriend?"

"The fact that all your friends are boys and you typically avoid them. So tell me which one of these big leaguers stole your heart? Where's the location, Paris?" Before I could reply back someone whipped up the phone from my brother.

"Uh, hi." 

"Hi sweetie! Did I hear Ethan say you have a boyfriend that you're spending the break with? If so that's fine." My moms voice replied.

"No mom, he's not my boyfriend he's my best friend and a pitcher on the team. We're going to New Orleans since he's from Baton Rouge and also went to LSU." 

"Oh, that's great sweetie. Do you want to talk to your dad quickly, he really wants to hear if you think you're gonna make it to the all star game." 

"Sure." 

"Hahaha, hey sweetza pizza! We saw you're game, the one where you crushed a grand slam and the one where you crushed that dinger!" I flinched at his nickname for me and his odd laugh but slowly adjusted to the baseball conversation. That's why I enjoy talking to him most, he doesn't think about my love life or any of that, he just focuses on my career. He's always treated me like a son more so than my brother. He coached me and trained me. 

"Hey dad! I'm pretty sure I'll make it to the all star game if I do you guys should come. I feel great about my pitching and I'm glad you do to!" I heard Cameron calling me from outside. "I gotta go, have fun!" I got in my new red Ford F-150 and drove to the field. Everyone was still arriving and Aaron was already there. The tv was on and we were all watching anxiously to see who was in the all star game. Aaron and I sat next to each other as they read the lineup. 

"...Batting 5 and playing center will be Odubel Herrera of the Philadelphia Phillies.... Batting 9, the pitcher will be Abigail smith also of the Phillies." I zoned out the rest of what they were saying and cheered, hugging Aaron. Odubel turned around and high fived me. The entire team was proud to have two players represent. I was extremely happy proud to represent them too, especially Aaron. But the highlight would be our New Orleans trip.