Iconic

Camera's flashed in front of me, Aaron's hand tensed around my shoulder. We walked side by side through the crowds of reporters. Questions were hurled at me faster than a closer's fastball. The questions varied from questions about what I had said to Sports Illustrated to how I felt about the postseason race. Aaron had come to pick me up after the interview and had been attacked by questions too. They were asking us about New Orleans and  what had happened there. They asked about wether or not we were going to date. My mind was set on one thing and one thing only, getting to the game. The reporters go wild right around now and so do the players, that's because it's getting near the postseason.  

"So what's your opinion on the fact that the Phillies are considering you their ace, Abigail?" Aaron teased while we stretched.

"I gotta admit it's not much of a surprise to me, I mean I'm the best!" 

"But what about that other right handed pitcher, what's his name, oh yeah, Aaron Nola?" 

"Eh, he's terrible, I prefer his brother Austin." 

"But Austin's in the minors!" 

"Yeah, but he's cuter!"

"Excuse me!"

"Well he's my boyfriend what do you expect?" 

"AB?!" Aaron got all panicked and looked at  me like I was insane.

"I was kidding! Chill Nola! You seriously thought I was dating your brother! God you're so stupid!" 

"Aaron and Abigail, quit talking and focus on practice!" The coach yelled.

"Yes coach, sorry!"  

The longer we talked the more fun I had. Aaron and I had really become inseparable although there still was some odd barrier between us because of what happened in New Orleans and it was nice, particularly since it was almost the postseason. I needed someone's support, as an ace for a team that stands a chance in the postseason, it is challenging. 

After a while I decided I should talk to Aaron about 'us'. We have kind of been acting like a couple since the break, not like kissing and stuff but just in terms of how we act around each other. 

I found Aaron with Cameron discussing something important. 

"Hey Ab!"

"Hey Aar! Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah, sure, what about?"

"Something private..." 

"Ok, cool." We walked into an area where there was no one.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?"

"We act like a couple but we aren't one." 

"Oh. Well, I um , don't know what to tell you."

"Aaron I just want to know what our deal is. Like can we tell people about what happened?"

"Do you like, like me or something? Cause you know I don't like you, at  least not like that."

"No! Oh god no! I just would like to know if I can tell my friend and if maybe I just want to clarify that there is nothing going on so nothing gets complicated."Lie!

"We are 100% not dating! Also you can tell your friend about what happened between us." I nodded, the friend I wanted to tell was Angie.

"So how're things going with Nola boy?" Angie asked, we went out for lunch and were just waiting on our food.

"Great! Actually! We both went to New Orleans for the All Star Break and had a great time!"

"Did anything happen?"

"Well, we may have gotten drunk on Bourbon Street and hooked up."

"Wait, so u two you know, did it?"

"Yeah." 

"OMG! That's awesome!"

"Yeah but he still has no idea."

"Oh."

"It's really frustrating."

"He'll notice, eventually..." 

Aaron POV

Zach and I were fishing on the Schuylkill River around lunch time. Inside my mind I was just debating over wether or not I should tell him about what happened in New Orleans with Abigail. 

"So what'd you do over the break, again, Aaron?" Zach said while pulling out a big fish.

"Well I took her to the  swamp and we fished. You know something, she's a really good violinist, never would've figured it. Also wouldn't have figured she was so afraid of alligators or how wild and free she can be. But anyway, that night, after we went fishing, we went out to Bourbon Street and got super drunk. I basically lost all control and we wound  up, uhhhh."

"What did you two wind up doing?" 

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

"Promise."

"We hooked up."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"So what's the deal with you two now, then?"     

"We aren't dating or anything because we were  too drunk for it to  mean anything."

"Dude, I think Abigail likes you though." 

"No way! What would make you think that?" 

"She treats you so well and she's always staring at you and she honestly flirts with you a lot, you're just to oblivious to notice or realize it."

"That's not true!"

"Just keep telling yourself that. So anyway what else did you guys do?"

"We went on the steamboat Natchez and talked about our future and our hopes and dreams."

"Wow."

"What?"

"You're only proving me more right. Besides you probably like her."

"But I don't and she doesn't!"

"What makes you so sure?!"

"I don't know."