Not My Type

A/N- Just gotta share how proud of Austin I am! He might be starting this season up in the big leagues with the Marlins and Aaron's finally healed! So proud of my boys!

I kept a straight face during practice and the game just to show my teammates how I actually felt about what they had done. Austin tried his hardest to keep friendly gestures to a minimum. But sometimes he'd spare me an occasional smile or glance. For the most part, I just spoke with my teammates about the game and possibly making the postseason in October. The odd part was that Aaron kept glancing in my direction which was something that he hadn't particularly done in awhile. It wasn't even harshly, it was just curiously.

Aaron POV

"Have you talked to Austin yet, Aar?" Zach asked me as we sat in the dugout watching the game unfold in front of us. I glanced at Abigail a couple times, to check that she was okay maybe, I don't really know. But damn didn't she look pretty today. It was true. Her long brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she had this serious expression that made her eyes look so damn sexy. No, I can't think these thoughts. It's always as soon as you can't have something that you start to want it. 

"Hello, Aaron, earth to Aaron?" Zach waved a hand in front of me and I snapped out of my stare. 

"What?" 

"You're staring again," 

"No, I'm not! I told you I hate her." 

"Sure. But it's not for the reason you think. You're jealous, Nola."  I stared at him, it felt like he was speaking another language or something. 

"That is absurd! She's just not my type." 

"Oh really?" He raised an eyebrow at me. "I don't trust you, Nola. You don't even understand yourself." 

"No, I do!" 

"Well, how come you haven't spoken to your brother during the entire series that we have been playing him. You didn't even talk to him after he debuted."

"He's just a busy person, I don't want to bug him right now." 

"Yeah, busy fucking your crush." I sighed, I knew it was true. It had to be. After his debut, I had tried to talk to him to celebrate since our parents were here and everything. Although they had something planned for tonight, shit!  But anyway, so I went up to Abigail  with Ginger by my side. I knew I shouldn't have had her with me. I was just trying to apologize. Naturally, Abigail just responded by walking away rudely. Then later that night everything just got so confused. I kissed Ginger to make Abigail slightly more upset and it worked, perhaps a bit too well. I had not planned that Abigail had my brother wrapped around her finger and had revenge plans of her own. She disappeared and appeared a couple of minutes later with Austin's arm around her waist. Then they kissed and it wasn't nearly as fake as the kiss I gave Ginger. From the look in Austin's eyes, I could tell  he really did have actual feelings for her. As for Abigail, there was a glint in her eyes that I had never seen and I didn't like it. Something about it I couldn't tell what but something was off. I shouldn't be jealous, while I didn't hate her I certainly didn't have a crush on her. At least that's what I thought. But at that moment I wanted nothing more than to beat Austin up. Being the younger brother had always been harder for me, I was always in his shadow. After I became a big leaguer I didn't have to worry about that anymore but then he stole  a girl who I  quite honestly wasn't sure if I liked. I definitely didn't have real actual feelings for ginger, that was a fact. Ginger was kind of a toy, she was just there for the sex and stuff. She got that and I got that. But Abigail, god Abigail, I felt so amazing when I was around her. She had changed me for the better. Whenever I was around her I was a different person, a better person. A person I never would've known I could be until I met her. I knew that that night and all of those moments we had had together in New Orleans meant nothing. We were drunk, the magic of New Orleans had been flooding through our veins. It all meant nothing unless we were back in New Orleans. But when she was with Austin here it didnt matter she still seemed happy and in love. But why should i care i do not have a crush on Abigail Smith. At least that's what I would like to believe.