Not My Boyfriend

After a while I forgot about how nervous I was. Aaron had fallen asleep on my shoulder. Everyone else had fallen asleep.   I was actually starting to get kinda tired. Before I began to drift off I looked at Aaron, he looked so peaceful as he slept. Gaining all the courage I had, I brushed back his messy hair and kissed his forehead. His hair felt so soft and I continued petting it. Finally I decided to rest my head on Aaron's chest. Out of instinct he put an arm around me. As he slept. Hearing his heart and feeling his warmth around me put me to sleep. That night I dreamt about Aaron again.

"Wake up you two." Someone nudged me awake. I looked up, it was Cody. 

"Wake up your boyfriend." Cameron added, I didn't realize that Aaron was still asleep. 

"He's not my boyfriend!" 

"But you want him to be." Everyone stared at me I just glared at Cameron.

"Shut up!" 

"What're we shutting up about?" Aaron opened his eyes and took his arm off me. 

"Nothing. Get up Nola! We're there." He nodded and we all left the plane. 

"Abigail!" Someone called after me as we left the airport. I turned around and saw the coach coming towards Aaron and I. 

"What is it coach?" 

"The hotel doesn't have enough rooms for each of you to have your own meaning you'd have to share with someone." 

"She can share with me." Aaron said from next to me.

"Is that ok, Abigail? There'll be two beds in the room."

"I guess that could work. Thanks Aar." I said trying to hide my smile.

"No problem." 

When we arrived in our room I immeaditly  took the bed closest to the window for the view. Aaron set his stuff by his bed, I just stared at him. 

"We should get to the field." He said as I stared at the city. 

"Yeah." 

We got onto a bus that the team was taking to the game. I looked around everyone was goofing off and laughing. They honestly all acted like 8 year olds. All of them except Aaron. I would be pitching tomorrow. It was hard to believe I had been a Phillie for a week. 

When we got to the field the other team was warming up. I spotted the pitcher I'd face the next day he was glaring at me. So much that it was making me uncomfortable about tomorrow's game. I've always been aware of the fact that some people hate the idea of a girl playing with the boys.  Pitchers have thrown at me before but never a professional who can throw 90-95 mph. 

"You ok?" Someone put an arm around me, Aaron. 

"I'm fine. Tomorrows pitcher keeps glaring at me but I'm sure it's fine." 

"I wouldn't worry about it." I nodded, hopefully he was right.