Best Friend

Aaron carried me to the bus after the game ended. We sat next to each other, my head on his shoulder. I was pretty tired from the game so I was starting to drift off. He kept stroking my hair as I fell asleep. 

"Abigail we're there." He woke me up when we arrived. "I'll carry you to the room." He added as he picked me up and into the hotel lobby. People were congratulating us on the win, since we won. Aaron told everyone to shut up when he carried me in the elevator. They kept teasing us as I tried to rest some more. 

"You don't have to carry me everywhere Nola!" I said as he began to open the door to the room. 

"But you're sore and I like to anyways. It's nice to help someone, particularly  a gorgeous, amazing girl." I turned bright red and tried to avoid his stare.

"Now don't go falling for me Nola!" 

"I'm not falling for you! Besides why can't I? You're falling for me!" 

"What makes you think that?"

"You act different around me then the rest of the team."

"So?" 

"So you like me."  He got out a ice pack for my leg I was lying on my bed.

"No I treat you different because I've finally found a best friend. I feel free around you,I feel perfect around you." Aaron smiled at me and set ice on my leg and ribs. 

"I'm glad I'm your my best friend." He lifted my shirt a bit to place the ice on. I shivered at his touch. Fireworks sparked as his hand met my skin. We both jumped back, shocked. He felt it to.

"We should go to bed now." I said getting changed into my pjs. He nodded and pulled of his shirt   , tucking into bed. I laid awake for awhile unable to sleep.

"Can you sleep?" He asked suddenly after what seemed like forever.

"No. You?" 

"Nope. This'll sound weird but I was wondering if it would help if we slept in the same bed." I smiled at his response.

"I was thinking the same thing. Come in." I patted the spot next to me. He came over and put an arm around me. It felt amazing to be this close to him.

"You don't mid my arm, right?"

"Of course not!" I fell asleep almost immediately after he arrived. I woke up the next morning and turned towards him, wrapping my arms around him. He was still asleep so I just stared at him as he slept. I stared at his messy brown hair, tan skin and soft hands that still rested on my waist. He opened his greenish blue eyes and smiled.

"Morning princess."

"Morning prince. I believe you have to pitch today."

"True, if you're princess of baseball and you calls me prince does that mean I rule baseball?"

"Yes." I rolled my eyes and stepped in the shower. 

Aaron and I had been in the locker room for almost a half hour, when coach called Aaron and I into his office. We were so confused as to what we had done. 

"Hi guys. I just wanted to check if you knew that you two are allowed to date?" Aaron and i both blushed. 

"I know but this is totally platonic." I said, pushing Aaron away.

"Well yesterday you guys were acting so romantic so I figured. But you guys can leave." We laughed and left.