Chapter 17: Chop Chop Chop

"Oi," Yuki suddenly crawled up on the roof, somehow knowing (without sensing chakra) that Kakashi was up there. He poked the Jounin's side consistently until he lowered his book just enough to look at him.

"What?" The Hatake drawled with a hint of annoyance.

"What would happen if I destroyed Gato's mansion and killed him?"

Now, the jounin closed his book fully, looking to the side in thought, "I guess it'll stop Zabuza. Gato's only paying him to kill Tazuna."

"So, it'll be perfectly A-OK if I just," Yuki made an axe motion with his hands. "Chop chop chop?"

"Urm, yeah," Kakashi nodded.

"Cool," The raven-blonde dramatically flopped on his side and rolled off the roof, only making a 'woosh' sound as he fell.

Kakashi just hummed to himself and opened his book once more, a giggle escaping his lips. He glanced up momentarily, lone eye narrowing at the dense forest.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Chop chop chop," Yuki sang silently to himself as he strolled down a dirt path. "Chop chop chop."

"What do you think you're doing?" Someone demanded and a ninja stepped out of the dark, obviously hired by Gato.

"Chop chop chop," Yuki repeated, turning to the ninja, possibly another chunin.

"What the hell are you saying?" The man demanded, bringing out a kunai.

"Chop chop chop," The raven-blonde sang once more, the tune sounding more harsh. He tilted his head, grin going impossibly wide, and his teeth looked razor sharp as he swayed from side to side.

"Shut up," The ninja was starting to get freaked out. This guy didn't seem to take him seriously at all. "Stop saying 'chop chop chop!'"

But Yuki didn't stop. He continued to sing, the tune sounding the same but harsher. Suddenly, there was a poof of smoke and he was gone.

"Chop chop chop!"

The ninja turned around when he heard the voice. He couldn't even scream as his head was severed from his shoulders. The last thing he heard and saw was the tune of 'chop chop chop' and blood red eyes.

"Chop chop chop," Yuki continued down the path, flicking his arm out to clean his axe of blood. "Chop chop chop."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Yuki stopped in front of a mansion, looking up at the tall structure. He tilted his head this way and that, as of thinking which way he could destroy it.

"Hey, I think I see someone!"

"Chop chop chop?" Yuki turned and saw a mob of bandits coming his way, all armed. He gave a foxy grin, raising his axe again, "Chop chop chop."

"Uh," One of the bandits nudged another's arm. "He doesn't look intimidated..."

"He's just one person!" The guy pushed the bandit away, "What can he do to us?!"

"I can..." Yuki whispered in his ear, the blade of his axe at the man's throat, "Chop. You. Up."

All that could be heard in the forest was the screams of despicable men begging for mercy.

"Chop chop chop," Yuki opened the doors to the mansion, leaving the trail of bodies behind. "Here, Gato~ Come out, come out, where ever you are~!" There was no reply but Yuki just smirked, dragging his axe on the floor, "There's no use hiding. I can smell your fear."

There was the sound of crashing upstairs and Yuki took the steps two at a time, cackling as he went, "Running won't work!" He flashed in front of the short man, eyes blood red, "I'm everywhere!"

"N-no!" Gato screeched, shielding his face, "Have mercy, p-please!"

"And why should I do that for you?" Yuki crouched on the floor, looking for all the world like a demon since his eyes glowed in the darkness.

"B-because I can p-pay you! Alot!" Gato spread his hands in a pleading gesture, "I can p-pay you more than the humans offered you!"

"Mm," Yuki observed the short man, tilting his head as if contemplating the offer, and Gato relaxed a bit. That was his fatal mistake. "No. I'd much prefer to chop you to pieces."

Gato didn't even have time to scream.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

When Kakashi woke up, he did not expect to find Yuki in his bed hogging all of the blankets. "What the-" He sat up and looked down at the raven-blonde, brow furrowed in confusion. "Couldn't he find his own bed?"

"Oh, dear," Tsunami giggled from where she stood in the doorway, observing the two. "He came in late last night. I guess he didn't make it all the way to his room. Breakfast is ready. Come down when you're ready."

"Thank you, Tsunami-san," Kakashi said with an eye-smile, ignoring when Yuki shifted again under the covers.

"You're quite welcome," The woman giggled again before making her way downstairs.

Kakashi observed his partner, looking for any lasting injuries from nightly adventure. Satisfied that he found none, the jounin shook his shoulder, "Mornin', Yuki."

"No," Yuki pushed him off the bed and went back to sleep.