Chapter 38: "What's a peach-pear?"

Sorry for the long (two months, roughly?) wait. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

This chapter is dedicated to @snsmith116! Hope you enjoy it! I put my sass, sweat, and snark in it. Cherish it.

To all my lovely readers: UPDATES WILL BE COMING FASTER!

--Gabe <3

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Yukimoto led them to a small, rundown apartment fifteen minutes from the Hokage's Tower. He stomped up the steps and slammed open the door, scowling into the opening, "Touch anything and die."

Kakashi bobbed his head, looking around. To be honest, there wasn't really anything to mess with. There were no pictures, knick knacks, or even a couch. He went over to a stool and sat down, kicking his feet out as he waited. Yukimoto was throwing things outside his room, sometimes letting out the occasional curse or two. To be honest, it kind of made Kakashi nervous to be in a room with him, considering the fact that the guy's apartment was a little ways away from anyone else's.

"Alright, let's head to your place," Yukimoto huffed, walking over. He had changed into a dark red hoodie that he seemed to want to hide in and black pants. He had chosen to wear boots, actually tossing his sandals out the window.

Kakashi figured he did that for three reasons: One, he did it just because he could. Two, he didn't like them. Or, three; he wanted to hit that guy walking by his apartment.

When the Jounin muttered a '10 points' after nailing the man on the head, Kakashi figured it was number three.

"Alright, it's just this way," The Hatake led him down a street, walking next to him. He didn't trust the guy to watch his back and, judging how he didn't try to move ahead of him or behind, he figured he was the same way.

"Oh," Yukimoto looked into Kakashi's apartment at the array of furniture, tilting his head this way and that. Just when the Hatake thought he was going to say something nice, he narrowed his eyes, "Tch, of course this is you."

"Asshole," Kakashi growled, heading to his room. He swiftly packed clothes in a duffle along with some ration bars and soldier pills. When he went towards the kitchen, he found Yukimoto sitting at the table, munching on a PB&J Kakashi was sure he didn't say he could have- or make. "You're going through my food now?"

Yukimoto stared at him for a moment with his unreadable blue eyes and swallowed his bite of food, "Yeah."

"Ugh," The Hatake looked into the kitchen. "At least you had the decency to put everything away."

"Duh, I'm not a total ass," The Jounin rolled his eyes, finishing the sandwich. "Yours is on the counter by that weird looking jar that looks like a peach-pear."

"What's a peach-pear?" Kakashi wondered as he inspected the sandwich. Who knows if it was poisoned or not?

"Well, when a peach and a pear love each other very much..."

"Fuck you."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"We have thirty minutes before we should leave," Kakashi said as they walked out of his apartment.

"That gives us two options," Yukimoto swung his arms, the sleeves of his hoodie dangling near his fingertips. "We can either start the mission early or get some ramen."

There was a beat of silence before they both said at the same time, "Ramen."

Teuchi greeted the two when they entered with a smile, though he looked surprised. It seemed like he couldn't fathom why they were walking together when only yesterday Yukimoto had stormed in complaining about that 'Hatake brat who mopes around like an Uchiha on a bad hair day'. "Mission?" He guessed after he took their order.

"Got in one," Yukimoto drawled, snapping his fingers. "If I didn't go with this guy," He jabbed his thumb at Kakashi, who was ignoring him and looking to his right at the wall. "I'd have to go with Senshu-whatever if I didn't chose him."

"It's Senji," Teuchi corrected and Yukimoto just shrugged without a care in the world.

"You say tomato, I say ammunition to throw at somebody if they piss me off."

"Dad, noodles are ready," Teuchi's daughter spoke, coming over. "You should let me help out. They'd get their food faster."

"No," The cook said firmly. "Go take the other customers' orders."

"But, Dad-"

"No."

"You know, you should really let her help out," Kakashi said when she left.

"Yeah, Old Man," Yukimoto drummed his hands on the table. "You'd probably get more customers once everyone hears how orders are coming out faster."

"...I'll think about it," Teuchi said after ignoring them for five minutes. "Here's your orders. And, Kid, you best remember: My name's Teuchi! Remember it!"

"That's like asking me to remember everyone's name in the Council. It's too much work and no one cares."

"Just eat your food and get out, you brat."

"What customer service," Yukimoto drawled before breaking his chopsticks and picking out some meat.

"Do you always mess with him?" Kakashi wondered as he began eating his food.

"Mess with him?" The Jounin gave the Hatake his best innocent face (which didn't really work), "Me? I would neve-"

"All the time," Teuchi answered, causing Yukimoto to pout at him. "All the damn time."

"Whatever, Old Man, you love me."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

The silence as they walked through the forest outside of Konoha was beginning to become awkward. No one tried to strike up a conversation and when Kakashi tried to, Yuki stared at him so hard, Kakashi had to clear his throat and look away. So, he didn't want to talk. That's fine. He'd just try again. He was told once that he could be stubborn.

"So, Yukimoto-"

"For the love of Kami!" Yukimoto threw his hands in the air, giving an exasperated sigh, "Just call me Yuki! I'm so tired of hearing 'Yukimoto this' and 'Yukimoto that'! It annoys the hell out of me!"

Kakashi blinked in surprise before nodding with a mischievous smile under his mask, "Alright... Yukimoto."

"You son of a-" Yuki looked like he wanted to say more but forced himself to calm down, looking away, "What- fucking -ever."

"You sound like a diva," The Hatake pointed out.

Yuki snorted, "Bitch, I am a diva."

"You're so fucking weird."

"Thank you."

"Wasn't a compliment."

"Was too."