Chapter 29: This Time? When Was The Last Time?

This chapter is dedicated to @pandemic1996 for bringing up the Chunin Exams. Those are coming up soon and the Suna genin will be making an appearance in the upcoming chapters so keep reading! I'll try to update more but I have school and limited electronic time and... Yeah.

Please enjoy!!

I feel like I should make a Yushi story or something... Maybe some one-shots, lol.

--Team Free Will

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"You ever notice something?" Yuki was stretched out on the couch, eating a popsicle as he watched Kakashi move around the kitchen.

"Hm?" Kakashi tilted his head, showing that he was listening, as he worked.

"This story has 35 parts but only 28 chapters. Well, 29 now."

Kakashi placed down his knife next to the chopped up tomatoes, turning to the raven-blonde slowly, "...What?"

"I know, right?" Yuki bit half of his icy dessert, scrunching his eyebrows slightly at the cold, "But it's at least number 540 on the charts."

"Yuki... What the hell are you talking about?"

"Mm, I think... I'm breaking the fourth wall..." Yuki hummed to himself before finishing off the popsicle and throwing his trash in a nearby bin. "What'cha making?"

Kakashi shook his head slowly, picking the knife back up, "Some sandwiches."

"Why so many tomatoes?" Yuki peeked over the couch, eyeing the fruit curiously, "Oh, Kami... We're not making lunches for the kids... Are we?"

"Mmhm," The Hatake gave an amused smile, nodding once.

"Ugh..." Yuki sunk down into the couch before adding, "Give Sasuke more tomatoes. The Uchiha is crazy for them. Also, Choji likes more meat than vegetables and Ino's the opposite from him. Shikamaru could care less but don't give him too much vegetables so he doesn't find it too troublesome to eat. Hinata and Shino aren't really picking but aren't really fond of too much tomatoes. One or two slices are fine for them. Kiba likes meat. Lee likes an equal amount of both on his sandwiches while Neji is an all vegetable type guy. Tenten isn't picky but she's more of a meat kind of girl. Sakura likes more vegetables than meat but she needs more protein in her diet."

Yuki blinked when he was met with silence and peeked over the couch again. Kakashi was staring at him with a wide-eyed look, gaping, "What? I watch people."

"You are such a creep," The silver-haired Jounin sighed but started getting out the other ingredients.

"I know, it's a problem. I need help," Yuki said but his voice was bored, showing exactly how much he actually cared. "Need any help?"

"Think you can do Team 10 and ours?" Kakashi asked, taking out the lettuce.

"Mm, sure. No biggie," Yuki grabbed the meat and his own knife, twirling the utensil expertly in his hand. He started chopping some of the meat in little squares, throwing them in the pan. "A third of this story so far is us making sandwiches..."

Kakashi sighed, finishing up a sandwich, "Focus on cooking. Seriously, I don't know where you're getting this information but I'm 100% sure you're not supposed to know about it."

"Yeah, pretty much," Yuki grinned cheekily, elbowing the other lightly in the side. "But it's my job to know about the unknown. At least, that's what the old man told me it was."

"I'm sure he didn't expect you to turn out like this."

"Probably. Hey, is this brown sugar ham?"

"Yep."

"Nice."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

The Rookie 11 sat in Training Ground 7, just idly chatting. Well, most of them were talking. Neji and Sasuke sat brooding while Shino just listened politely. Hinata was her usual shy self, only giving out soft replies that they could barely hear.

Suddenly, Sakura looked up when she saw her two mentors show up via Shunshine and felt her eyebrow twitch slightly, "YOU'RE LATE!"

"Save it for someone who cares," Was Yuki's immediate reply, balancing a picnic basket on his head.

"We made lunch," Kakashi informed the genin, pointing to the basket. "And it's not poisoned this time."

The children froze, turning slowly in unison to the two adults, faces rapidly paling. 'This time?'

"Is there any for us?" Asuma asked, looking up at the basket and gaining the Kaka-Yuki duo's attention.

Yuki stared at the man for a long time, just giving him a blank stare. His blue eyes were unnerving and his lips were set in a thin line.

"Okay, I get it!" Asuma cried, covering his face, "Just, stop looking at me like that!"

Yuki smirked and brought the basket down, throwing it in front of the genin, "They're labeled so no fighting. Eat it or die."

Sasuke and Shikamaru were the first ones to go for the basket, the Nara actually sticking his head in it. "Whoa, it's like a whole other world in here," He whispered in awe.

"Stop being an idiot and give us our food," Ino huffed, smacking the boy on the back of his head.

"Troublesome woman," Shikamaru mumbled but backed up, his sandwich in hand.

Soon, everyone was eating their sandwiches, marveling at how it was exactly how they would have it. When they were finished eating, they thanked the two Jounin for the food, knowing they didn't have to do it.

"Kakashi, I'm hungry~" Yuki whined, poking the man's side, "Stop being mean and hand me my god damn food!"

"Fine, fine," The Hatake sighed, pulling out a scroll. He put chakra on it and two take-out boxes appeared, filled with teriyaki. He tossed another to the other Jounin.

"Mm," Yuki brought out chopsticks from somewhere, twirling them in his hand before opening the box. "Let's go do something."

"Wanna make a haunted house?" Kakashi asked and his partner pointed his chopsticks at him.

"Yes. Let's do that."

"Oh, Kami," Kurenai rubbed her forehead, just feeling the headache come on. Even Gai looked faintly disturbed while Asuma looked catatonic.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"There's no progress for this story..."

"Ah HA!" Yuki turned sharply towards Kakashi, nearly flinging a teriyaki at him, "So, you admit there is a story!"

"Well, you talk about it enough. It makes me wonder..." Kakashi shrugged, watching the people on the street as he walked, a contemplating gaze in his eye, "Like, how many views does this story even have?"

"Right now?" Yuki arched a brow at the man, "Like, right now right now?"

"Yeah."

"'Round 69 thousand I reckon."

"Whoa, really? Why?"

"Because they love me and I'm their 'bae'. I can't wait until they find out what we did before we even made the sandwiches..." A giggle escaped the raven-blonde's mouth.

"Ah, yeah, that was fun," Kakashi chuckled, throwing a piece of meat in the air. Immediately, Yuki stepped forward and caught it in his mouth. That was just something they started doing when they first met after Kakashi almost spilled his food and Yuki ate it before it touched the ground.

"We should do it again some time."

"We'll get arrested."

"Details, details."