Family

"Baby, are you awake?" MIKA whispered into my ear.

I opened my eyes to see the light pouring in. It illuminated his perfect features and messy morning hair. He smiled and kissed me when he saw that my eyes were open.

"Can I take you to my family today? Paloma and Fortune are in London so I was wondering if you wanted to meet them and give them the presents I got from us" MIKA sat up and looked at me nervously.

I nodded, sat up a little and flopped back down on the bed causing MIKA to laugh.

I pretended to snore so he jumped on top of me and tickled me "come on Ross! Let's get up and do something together before we go and see them"

He picked me up and carried me over his shoulder as he walked to the table. He put me down carefully and got the rest of the pancakes that we had left yesterday out of the fridge. He placed them on the table and we began to eat.

"Paloma and fortune are in London then?" I looked up to see MIKA stuffing a whole pancake. "MIKA!" I laughed. It was quite a site for first thing in the morning.

He laughed too and tried to eat the food that was in his mouth. Once he had eaten it, he explained the answer to my earlier question. "They're in London for a project for work. They said that they were free whenever because their work is flexible but I told them hat yesterday was for us to be alone especially as it was our first Christmas together."

"I see. So where are we meeting them today?" I wished that he wouldn't day London because he knows how much I hate it.

"They're coming down to see us. Don't worry, I won't make you go to London" he reassured

"Phew. Thanks baby."

He nodded and continued to stuff his face with food.

"Shall we tell them about the engagement?" I grinned, now wide awake

He once again nodded as his mouth was full of his last pancake but he soon was able to speak. "I think we should see how they act around us but if we tell them, we should ring my mum first."

"Ok. Good idea"

He got out his phone and rang the number before putting it on speaker phone and leading me over to the couch.

We sat together and his mum answered the phone "hello Michael." She sounded kind and jolly, like her son.

"Hey mum. I have some news for you" he pulled me tight and I rested my head on his shoulder, still a little tired from all he nerves and excitement with me proposing the day before.

"Before you tell me that, I have to say congratulations on the boyfriend. Fort told me that he's meeting the two of you today" her gentle voice came through the phone.

"Thanks. Actually that's what I phoned about. Well we phones about because Ross is here with me. He can hear you" MIKA looked to me and nudged me to say something.

"Hi" I giggled.

"Hello Ross. He's your boyfriend right MIKA?"

"Well mum, he was my boyfriend but he proposed yesterday so now we are engaged so he is now my fiancé!"

"Oh my! Well done Ross! Lovely. I can't wait for the wedding"

"Me either!" I joined in again

MIKA gave me a quick kiss before talking again "well mum, don't say anything to Fortune or Paloma because we will tell them later but we had better go and get ready. Love you mum"

"Love you too Michael. Good to speak to you and Ross. Have a good day."

"Bye" MIKA and I chimed.

He put his phone away and looked at me as he stood up with a cheeky grin. He leant down and picked me back up.

Unlike before, I wasn't tired or almost asleep so seeing as he led me over his shoulder, I was in the perfect place to tickle him so that's what I did.

"I'M GOING TO DROP YOU!" He screamed so I stopped and grabbed onto his waist.

He carried me into the bedroom and dropped me onto the bed before kissing me gently and we got ready.

Once we were both showered and ready, he took my hand and we left to the café to meet MIKA's brother and sister.