Snow

We got into town and wandered down to a café. The rain was light and the sky was dark but I was excited to meet Fortune and Paloma.

We walked through the door and I tightened my grip on MIKA as he walked over to his siblings. They said their hellos before turning to me "hello there. You must be Ross! I'm Fortune" he shook my free hand.

He looked similar to MIKA but they were clearly very different. If you looked at them side by side, they contrasted one another well.

"Hey Ross. I'm Paloma." She smiled at me.

"Who wants a drink?" MIKA asked as I sat down on the opposite side of the table to Fortune and Paloma.

They told him their orders and I just said yes please. He knew what I wanted so there was no point telling him again.

The three of us at the table made conversation about their jobs, the tour and MIKA and I. I avoided talking about the engagement because I decided to let MIKA tell them if he wanted to seeing as he knew them better.

MIKA handed the others their drinks before sitting next to me in the bench "your drink sir"

"Thanks" I was glad that he was back far the conversation was growing awkward.

We talked for a while about many things and it was cool to get to know his family but I soon grew tired and wanted to just relax in the warmth of the house. It was cold out since it was December.

I took MIKA's hand and held it close to me. He looked over at me and giggled and I was huddled up in a thick coat. He pulled me close and whispered "shall we tell them?" Into my ear.

I shrugged and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Um... Guys we have something to tell you..." They looked at him expectantly so he continued "on Christmas, yesterday, Ross and I got engaged!"  He squeezed me tight and I squeezed him back as I snuggled into him and watched their reactions.

"Well done."

"Congrats to the two of you"

"That's great"

They spoke quickly and excitedly.

We answered some more of their questions but left shortly after. We went back home, lit the fire, cuddled together under a blanket and looked at the weather forecast.

"Later tonight we will have lows of -5 and snow all over. This will continue through the night and all through until New Year's Eve when it should go up to 8 degrees and begin to melt." The woman on the TV told us.

"Snow?!"

"Yes MIKA. There's this thing called snow. It's cold and will stop us from doing much except stay in or build things out of it"

"Ha ha" he responded sarcastically.

I just laughed at him and thought about the snow. I wanted to go out in in tonight so I stood up causing him to complain.

"I'm getting some layers on to go out in the snow. You joining me?" I looked down at his adorable eyes and couldn't help but smile. He was all mine and I loved him more than anything. I loved him so much that words could never explain.

He held out his hand and I pulled him up, gave him a hug and a kiss and headed to the bedroom.

I found a warm shirt, a fluffy hoodie and a hat for each of us. We got into them and walked to the front door.

I opened it slowly and stepped outside into the falling snow. It had already left a small blanket over some of the ground and I was extremely happy.

"MIKA?"

"Yes"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"I'm marrying you"

"Thank goodness" he wrapped his arms around me protectively and kissed me passionately.

It was perfect. The snow created peace and was so quiet and calm while I was stood there with the man I loved, sharing a kiss with him outside our house. The only thing that could have made the situation better would have been our kids playing in the snow.

The night was dark and obviously cold so we didn't stay outside for long but we stood in one another's embrace, staring into one another's eyes, and being quiet to listen to the soft sound of snow.

Did I say perfect already?