26. Grief

"Answer it!"

"No"

"Answer"

It was like the fourth time his ex was calling. And at this point, you didn't even care why she was calling your boyfriend, her ex boyfriend, you just wanted it to stop. He on the other hand wasn't giving up his technique of ignoring. 

"Alright fine!" he almost yelled, your glare obviously working since he was taking his phone and pacing around the room "Hello?"

There was silence and you could faintly hear the voice on the other line. She was talking really fast, or so you heard. Yoongi suddenly froze, he became even paler if that was possible. 

"Oh my god....I'll call you when I get there, stay strong"

He hung up and abruptly started walking around his room, looking for something.

"Yoongi what happened?"

He didn't answer, he just found his shoes and started putting them on. 

"Yoongi"

It was chilly at night time so he took his jacket and swung it around his shoulders.

"Where are you going?" you refrained from yelling since he seemed out of it. His breath was quickened and he finally made eye contact with you.

"She's alone, at the hospital, with no one to pick her up"

"What?" you seriously didn't understand what was going on

"Her parents just died"

This was enough for you to shut your mouth. To sit on his bed in shock, sadness, and guilt. This was enough for you to feel weak, your whole body shudder, and your eyes to well up. Your eyes were closed and you were clutching the sheets as you nodded, whispering a small "go".

 He was gone before you even noticed, probably catching a cab to the hospital. You started crying. It was everything really. The fact you and Yoongi ignored her call at first, the fact you strongly disliked this "exgirfriend" you hadn't even met, the fact she just lost both her parents, the fact her life probably just fell apart.

You didn't cry too much. You spent more time thinking about everything, wanting to call your parents and tell them that you loved them, even with everything. You did, even with all the ups and downs, you loved them. It was strange to think of Yoongi being with his ex at that moment, probably holding her as she sobbed her soul out, so you tried not too. You did however think it was a good thing. She needed some consolation, now more than ever. She needed a shoulder to cry on.

You also avoided asking those questions such as

Why did she call him, couldn't she have called friends?

Is she still attached to him?

Does she still consider him her closest friend, person?

The girls parents just died, you didn't want to think of that. It wasn't the time for that. Your cheap ass was also calculating the amount of money Yoongi would spend on the cabs to and back, but with some kdramas you overcame those thoughts as well. You hadn't gone to your place, you stayed at Yoongi's, waiting for him, snuggled in his bed, his laptop next to you.

He came back before midnight. He came back still dazed, the same terrified expression on his face. He didn't even say hi, nothing of the sort, he just took off his shoes, took off his jacket, and sat at the foot of the bed. He stared out the window, his elbows leaned onto his knees, fiddling with his fingers.