Chapter 1

Nick Leighton Lewis on the media...
→→→

It Ended With a Promise

Chapter 1

"I love you, Enne. And I promise to go back to you."

"I love you too, Skylie. And I will wait for you."

I immediately grab all my strength to wake up from my nightly nightmare. Geez, it's already been 4 years and still, I always had those shitty dreams about that day that Skylar had promised me those words.

Skylar.

Even just by just hearing the sound of his name leaves a bitter taste from my whole system. Yeah it does and it always will be. After those 4 years of me being all stupid and immature, I learned the best lesson in my life... ever. And what is that lesson? Well, that is I can't rely my real happiness to others.

Well, at least that's what I think of.

Another is, please don't think that I am just being bitter because of all of the things that I had gone through in just a span of 4 years. Yeah, 4 deadly and painful years of pure hurt and solemn. 4 years of pure emotional death. 4 years of being all that vulnerable which had consisted of 2 years of crying, 1 year of soul searching, and now, a year of fully recovering.

Though you can't blame me for being such an immature teenage Asian boy, right? Geez, I think that I kind of need to summarize everything that happened in that span of time for me to give you a proper hindsight on what really caused me to be this miserable.

First, a month after I transferred here in Japan for my scholarship, my mom and dad met their end through a plane crash. And I, of course was so devastated that everything in me got affected. My academic performances, my social interests, my emotional state, and almost everything in me went down in just a blink of an eye.

Well, it took me a year and a half to recover from that though. But, after the recovery, my granny passed away just two months later because of her age. She's 92 years old that time and I know that she was already ready and thankful to God for everything that she received on her days here on Earth.

After another recovery, another tragedy passed which includes the bankruptcy of all of my family's assets which only left a small business here in Japan. The worse thing about it though is that I cannot handle the business because I am not the first born son of my parents which puts Mason to take over everything about the little business that my family left.

And of course, just as days passed after the financial struggle, I was still able to smile until everything in me went totally black. Chanel, my ever so blonde bestfriend, sent me a message stating the worst of the worst words I had ever read in the history of man.

Skylar got married.

Those words totally destroyed every single piece of me from my hair tips to my toe nails. Geez, I can't even remember how the look of being devastated will really suit me. Even the word devastated is an understatement for me. Why? Because the right and the most appropriate term that really suits my situation is... dead.

Yeah, you heard it right. I am a total dead person that time. Maybe not physically or externally, but internally. My whole system immediately went to its lowest degree upon reading those words. I even had threatened Chanel to kill her if she was just playing her silly old jokes on me but basing on the tone of her voice, I know she's not.