Chapter 9

Skylar Dylan Matthews on the media...
→→→

(Author's Note)

I just want to apologize again for the nth time for updating very late. I really am having a hard time to make time for writing since I am currently polishing my thesis. Another thing is that I would like to say thank you to those people who really spend their time to message me so that I can update.

Well, so much for that... here's the new update. And I would like to let you know that next chapters are must reads... haha.

----

It Ended With a Promise

Chapter 9

Without hesitation, I opened the door and was about to go out only to be bumped into a hard muscular chest. My eyes widened as the smell of the man hit my nose. I was about to fell when the man caught me by my waist and placed me on hold so that I won't fall.

And with that, my gaze immediately fall on the man's face... and then to his eyes which is one of the things I regret the most.

The one and only owner of those sapphire blue eyes that is on the list of the last persons I have to meet... ever.

Geez! This isn't happening!

This isn't happening!

Please tell me this is just a dream. Please... please... please.... Please...

Please tell me this isn't Skylar. Not him please... Not Skylar Dylan Matthews.

I don't know how long this man was holding me as I continued to eye him. I was too absorbed by the hypnotic power of his eyes that the position we are in seemed too comfortable. As for him, it felt like he had seen a monster as his eyes are widely open and I knew it mirrored mine as well.

We were both interrupted from both our trance when Zero's chauffer made a coughing sound. Without hesitation, I moved away from his hold but was I quiet surprised because he didn't let me go. "Ex-excuse... me, Mister. I... I need to go. Would yo-you let me go... please?" I asked as I avert any eye contact with this man.

"I won't let you go, En—" He was cut off when Zero spoke all of a sudden. Which I was kind of thankful for.

"Dad?" My eyes widened more when I heard Zero speak up. What!? Skylar is Zero's father? Does this means that he really was over me? I know it hurts but of course, knowing the truth is as painful as death. I began to struggle from Skylar's hold when another word was set free from Zero's mouth which totally made me want to be buried alive. "Mom?" He asked which made Skylar looked at me.

Slowly, Skylar released me but his gaze was still fixated on me. "Mom?" He imitated what Zero had said making me feel naked all of a sudden. Zero nodded as an answer. Geez! I need to get out from here.

"Hey there, Zee. I was just about to say goodbye to you." I let out a nervous chuckle as I tried to move away when Skylar held my arm.

I immediately stopped on my tracks and gave him a confused look. He gave me that handsome smirk – wait! Did I just call him handsome? Well, he always is. "Aren't you going to invite your 'mom' to eat dinner with us, Zero?" His smirk became more teasing as he added a bite on his lower lip.

What the actual fuck?! Even his voice became hotter than ever. Holy mother of all shits!

"No! I mean, I still have a..." I was about to answer when I forgot what to say. Please, calling upon the gods of excuses... please help me think.