Chapter 13

Xeno Nathaniel Smith on the media...
→→→

It Ended With a Promise

Chapter 13

I was currently sitting on the edge of the pool while watching Zero playing. I can't believe that a little kid like him is facing something so depressing for him to handle. He is just a little kid. He is just too vulnerable to have these kinds of problems but look at him, he is strong.

Ever since I met this blonde little boy, I knew that something so special is with him. I just don't know what it really is but something on me keeps on telling me to be closer to him. The time when he started talking to me gives me so much happiness that I thought it was a miracle. I mean, who wouldn't? If it isn't because of that whole bullying thing he had suffered back at his school, he wouldn't have been as close as this to me.

But one thing that keeps on bothering me these past few days is the question on where could Zero's mother be. I heard of course that Skylar is married because that was one of the things that broke me four years back then, but where could this lady be as of now?

As I first came to this mansion they are living, I had tried to seek for any piece of the missing puzzle but... nothing, I found nothing.

What if I ask Skylar?

As if on cue, Skylar came sitting next to me which made me almost jump. He was currently wearing his board shorts and that signature smug smirk he always wears that annoys the hell out of me but at the same time... hot. Come on! That smirk really is hot!

He let out a breath before turning his gaze towards me. I felt a bit intimidated by his presence making me avert my face from him. From my peripheral view, I can see that he is smiling at me which was kinda odd.

Like seriously, what's with that smiling face?

"If you are asking why I am smiling, then I bet you know the answer." Skylar stated as if he had read my thoughts.

"A-and what could that be?" I asked trying to sound like I was challenging him only to sound like I am somewhat afraid of him.

Skylar started to move closer to me and leaned. I almost had my eyes crossed against each other due to the closeness we had as I had been looking towards his gorgeous face. "The sex thing." He stated bluntly.

With this, I immediately covered his mouth only for him to kiss it. I was about to grab my hand when he had reached for it and held it a bit tightly. "I know you like it and enjoyed it the same way I did." He continued making me groaned.

Ughhh! What's with this guy's smugness?

"Could you just move on from the whole sex thing?" I whisper-yelled while glaring at him. "It was an accident. I had low alcohol tolerance and you took the opportunity under your control." I checked whether Zero is listening only to find him practicing on swimming.

"Oh yeah?" Skylar asked while raising a brow which I found really attractive.

I immediately shook the thought away and pulled my hand away from his grip and good thing he had let me go. He smirked at my glaring and looked at his playing son. His smirk turned into a smile and for the second time, he let out another puff of air.

I smiled a bit while watching Skylar who's watching his son. He had this serene façade that only Zero could give. He had this façade which made me wonder what really happened for years. The question I had a while ago before Skylar came popped out of my mind.