Chapter 22

Nick Leighton Lewis on the media...
→→→

It Ended With a Promise

Chapter 22

"That was so cool! I almost died due to the fact that the superhot image you owned now was practically shown to almost a billion people!" Jace exclaimed after the ruckus that we had a few hours ago. Like who the hell would be bragging the same thing for about nine hours none stop?

The answer? Well, it is no other than my bestfriend Jace.

Ughhh! I already accepted the idea that I was indeed kind of ashamed for exposing too much skin to the public but Jace keeps on repeating such things for almost a billion times already.

After the commotion at the pool area, Samantha immediately dashed away from the eyes of the scrutinizing people. To say she was angry is kind of an understatement – she was totally ready for a killing spree.

I still can't believe that I have done such thing in public and humiliate a supermodel with my body build like this. But those things are not on my priority list of the things I should worry. The thing I worry as of this moment is the fact that Skylar is here and I am still on the verge of accepting the fact that he can't choose me over that girl.

And with that, I literally hate myself.

Jace continued on acting like sh*t and I could care less. He keeps on nagging me about how hot I am for showing my body to the public and whatnot. I was so annoyed that I decided to vacate the area where we both are in.

I need something to divert my mind away from Skylar and the humiliating exposé I did at the pool. Walking away from Jace without giving him knowledge, I slowly crept out the room like a kid who stole a piece of candy. I let out a chuckle after I successfully got out the room without Jace noticing me.

Yaaaay!

-----

I was currently inside my room which is fortunately a Jace-free zone. I was fixing my hair after drying it. Hmmm, maybe a sideways style will suffice. I was done with my whole bathroom routine and was just having a white towel wrapped around my hips. I stood in front of the human-size mirror and took a good look with myself.

A smile slowly made its way towards my face but it was never the same. It isn't the complete smile I always possess, it was a smile that screams sadness. It isn't mine. Immediately, I removed the smile way from my face and started to move away from the mirror.

Reaching for a new pair of clothing, I opened the closet and started to look for something to wear. I scanned the pile of clothes inside the closet and finalized my outfit of the day. I started to get dressed and got back to the mirror. Taking my whole look, a satisfied grin made it to my face.

I was wearing an almost knee-length gray sleeveless shirt that is paired with black skinny jeans. I also decided to wear a black and white boots that complimented the whole aura I had for the evening. Finishing my looks, I added wearing a dog tag necklace that outshines a kind of bad boy look. With a bit of perfume, everything is set.

I rechecked myself for the last time and clicked my tongue after feeling successfully cool. I got outside the room and slowly walked into a silent pace as I reach Jace's door. With him knowing that I am leaving the room even for just an hour, he'd go motherly towards me. Heck, last time I checked, Xeno looked like his on the verge of crying because of all the crazy advices he had given him.

And I don't want to be the next victim of my crazy friend.

I huffed as I successfully reached the other side of the hallway where I am sure Jace cannot easily get his strong sense of hearing active. Upon making sure he is in no chance of sensing me, I dashed out like a kid. I laughed at my own antics while trying to catch my breath.