Chapter 19

Jacob O'Brien on the media...
→→→

It Ended With a Promise

Chapter 19

"Hey, we've met again."

I turned to the person speaking and was shocked to see him again.

I knew that I've met this person somewhere but I can't just remember the freaking place and situation I was in with this guy. As the guy started to walk nearer onto where I was standing, I closed my eyes trying to search for any part of my memory where I have met this attractive gentleman.

As he neared me, his smiling façade started to turn into a frown. "Hey, I never thought we've meet again." He stated as a happy aura surrounded him. I chuckled humorlessly as I still tried to recover a memory of this guy.

"I always knew it is so hard to forget a very attractive and hot face like this but why do I have the feeling that you somewhat forgot me?" He added with a face plastered with humor. Talk about conceitedness – this guy owned it.

"I'm really sorry but the thing is... you are somewhat correct with your feeling. I mean, I knew that we've met somewhere but I just cannot remember where and when." I retorted making him let out a sexy chuckle.

"Well I guess it is time for us to get-to-know each other then." He extended his hand which I grabbed hesitantly. "I am Jacob O'Brien, CEO of Goldworks Corps, Multi-billionaire, very hot and super handsome, and... single." He conceitedly added making me chuckle. I think I'll have to ask him to be my teacher on self-confidence.

Like hell, this guy's level of confidence is as high as this building I was in.

He playfully wiggled his brows making me chuckle at the gesture. "And by the way, I was the one you met at the airport months ago." And then it hit me. Holycrap! This was the guy who was eyeing me like some piece of meat at the airport. The one I almost get to talk to not until my big brother came and stopped me.

What a small freaking world?!!

"Well it is nice to finally meet you again, Mr. O'Brien. I'm Nick Leighton Lewis but you can just call me Lei." After saying those lines, I flashed him a smile which made him twitch a little. Okaaay... what was that all about?

"I'm sorry but I have never seen somewhat flashed me a smile as fascinating as yours. It makes me want to know you more. It makes me want to ge—" Jacob wasn't able to finish his sentence when a deep voice – almost growling – cut him off.

"Well Mr. O'Brien, it would be nice if you do me a favor and leave my boyfriend alone." My eyes perked after hearing Skylar's threatening voice. He then slowly snaked his arms unto my waist making me blush at the gesture. Without even recovering from the blush coming from the previous action, he pulled me near his body and kissed my temples.

He held me protectively like he will lose me. His face contorted anger but he covered it with a fake smile. My whole rational part stopped thinking as I tried to absorb what was happening. "Oh, I never thought you were into these things, Mr. Matthews. You are just full of surprises. It makes me want to not doubt into investing into this lovely company of yours, especially knowing that Lei is here. Bad thing is... he's already taken." Jacob stated making me blush a deeper shade of red.

"This guy is my lucky charm, Mr. O'Brien. You should find yours as well." Skylar playfully retorted while showing his infamous poker face.

"I'll do everything just to get a complete replica of your lucky charm then. Or maybe... the original one would be the best?" Jacob replied making Skylar twitched a little. He started to turn his poker façade into a threatening glare and move towards Jacob. I stopped him by pulling him back to where I was and immediately grabbed his face.