Chapter 24

Author's Note (: Hey! I'm so sorry I took a while to update, I've been really busy and I've not been sure on how to write this chapter but now I know. Thank you so much for 65,300 reads on the first book in this series! It seriously means the world. Enjoy <3

Stampy's POV

We were stood outside the little van we'd got, watching what Ben was doing and listening to what was being said. Sqaishey and I had freaked out a little when we saw that he had got Jack with him and that Jack was okay apart from the couple of scratches on his cheek.

But when Ben began panicking and we could hear Jason speaking about Ben being in trouble, I began to freak out in a bad way.

"He said apples!" I pointed out, stepping backwards and widening my eyes "That's the safe word"

"Right, Wolf you can go in" Officer Kenzie ordered, standing up straight.

"I want to go in" I spoke up, looking at the guys sternly. Everyone turned to me, looking at me in silence.

"No, you've not been trained on anything. It's unsafe" Kenzie spoke, shaking her head.

"I don't care. I want to go in" 

"Stampy" Sqaishey whimpered, looking at me with pure fear in her eyes.

"I'll be fine" I muttered, pulling on a bulletproof vest before pulling on a sweater over it.

"We'll both go in then" Wolf mumbled, sorting himself out before handing me a gun "Only shoot if it's absolutely necessary. I'll probably shoot for you. Let's go"

I nodded, following the officer away from the guys and round the corner, down the road towards the house that we were going to be going into.

"Right, I'm going to go round the back and get in that way. You go in through the front and knock, keep the gun hidden and make sure you don't get yourself into trouble. Say that you're here because Ben's been a while and you want to check up on him. Push through if they won't let you in and be ready to pull your gun out"

"Got it" I hummed, arrived at the path leading to the house.

"Good luck buddy" and with that, Officer Wolf was gone - off round the back of the house to get in.

I took a deep breath in, wandering towards the front door nervously. Tapping my knuckles on the front door, I heard shouting which was obviously coming from the gang that was inside the house which made me fear for both of my sons' lives even more so. 

The door swung open to reveal an angry looking man, he wasn't Jason, he was one of the other dudes from the gang, who knows what his name was though.

"Um hi? Is Ben here? He's been a while and I was getting worried" I muttered, trying not to stutter and show my fear in front of him.

"Yes, he's here" he told me, spitting on the floor beside my feet "Bye"

As the man began to close the door, I stepped forwards and stopped the door before realizing what I was doing. I pushed passed him and moved my hand to be ready to pull my hidden gun out.

"Ben!" I gasped, seeing him stood protectively with Jack cowering behind him.

"Dad" Ben breathed, eyes widening as he saw me.

"Great, now we've got part of the fam here. When's Rachel, Gemma and Sqaishey arriving? Why've we only got the lads?" Jason questioned, rolling his eyes "I want to see them looking all pretty for me"

"Shut your mouth" Ben shouted "You have no right to speak about them this way"

"I can do what I want"

Ben got angry quickly and pulled his gun out, pointing it at him with his finger hovering over the tigger.

"No, I don't think you can" smirked the young boy as Jason visibly panicked.

"Oh son, don't be stupid" A guy, who'd name I learnt was Peter, laughed with a gun aimed at my older sons' chest.

"Do it. Shoot me. Go on" Ben teased,staying still with his gun still aimed towards Jason. 

"I don't think that'd be a good idea" Officer Wolf appeared behind Peter, Wolf's gun held against Peter.

"Think we don't have our own guns?" cackled one of the other gang members, pulling their own guns out.

"Let us go and nobody gets hurt" I whispered, inching towards my two sons.

"Nobody gets hurt but we get caught. I don't find that fair" Jason retorted, leaving me silent.

"It was exactly fair that you held me captive since a baby and had them thinking I was dead" Jack screamed at them, making us all turn to look at him.

"Stupid little boy"

"Don't call my brother stupid" Ben yelled, kicking Jason's shin making Jack gasp and stumble backwards, into my arms.

"Daddy?" he whispered, looking up at me with hope shining in his eyes.

"Hey son" I murmered, wrapping my arms around him in a quick hug before pulling back and standing up again.

"We're going to get nowhere like this" Wolf muttered, glancing over at Jason who was angrily glaring at Ben.

"Right, that's it" Jason screamed, raising his gun again "You're done for"

And with that, he pulled the trigger.

"Ben no!"