Chapter 34

Over the next few days, we spent most of the time at the hospital so that Rachel could see Max. Joanne, John and I had been chatting in the waiting room while Max and Rae hung out alone. 

"He's happier when he's with her. Every time she's gone, he seems to get a bit sad. He loves playing guitar but they won't let him for some reason" Joanne, his mother, explained.

"Yeah, I assume it's because of the cannula in his hand and everything, it's just annoying. He loves to play and that's what he does when he's sad, so at the minute I think the only good thing for him is Rachel"

"Bless him. Who said he couldn't play guitar? It's rubbish, he should be allowed to do something that makes him happy" I replied, unsure of what to say. I think we all just hoped he could get home soon.

A few minutes later, Rachel appeared and smiled softly at the three of us as she explained that Max had fallen asleep. We then said our goodbyes to his parents and left the hospital, heading home.

~

Driving up the road towards the drive, I saw a black car that I didn't recognize and neither did Rachel, confusing us. So we parked up and headed inside to see Nicole stood there looking tired, sad and nervous.

"Hey" she sighed, giving a small wave "Sorry to just drop in"

"You okay?" I asked, giving her a quick hug.

"I went back to my parents' house a couple days ago, I'm meant to stay until tomorrow but things kicked off and you live closest to them" she explained, making me frown and pull her into another hug.

"Have you called Squid?"

"Yeah, he knows. He said he can pick me up tonight or I'll get a bus tomorrow. Think I'll ask him to come get me" Nic answered, turning and giving Rae a quick hug.

"I can take you home tonight if you'd like" I told her "Then he doesn't have to worry about everyone back at yours"

"Are you sure you don't mind?" 

"Of course"

~

Once I'd taken Nicole back to her house, I went to the shop and then headed home to watch some films with my family because we'd had a long couple of days and wanted to relax a little. All the kids slowly drifted off into a deep sleep on the settee about halfway through the movie so we took them upstairs and tucked them into bed.

"I'm bored" Stamps complained once we were back downstairs.

"Same" I muttered, looking at the time before turning back to him "I'm gonna bake some cookies"

"Can I help pleaseeee?" he sang, making me giggle and nod. We may have grown older, maturing over the years but we were still little kids at heart and our Youtube videos helped too.

They kept us young and happy, in a way. We kept the videos family friendly, as did our kids, we also recorded with them regularly. I honestly only felt about eighteen again, even though I was many years older.

++++

A/N Helloo! Sorry this is just a filler, I'm still ill! I'm writing as much as I can manage. Updates as soon as possible x