Untitled Part 23

"Ah, you must be the one your mother sent in" Jason muttered, inspecting me "Oh no, you were the one that punched me. I'll hand it to you, you pack a punch. You broke my nose"

"Don't care about you, I just want my brother" I growled, making him raise his eyebrows. I was being told to chill out through the earpiece but I was pretty much ignoring them. I knew exactly what I was doing, as did Rachel even though I'd not told her.

Sometimes, some people are so close to you and know you so well that they can easily tell what you're doing and can also help out. She told me the night before that she knew I wasn't going to do as I was told and her exact words were 'If it's safe, go for it' and so I was going to.

"Alright kid, alright. Let me take you through my house. There's some things I need to talk to you about first" he chuckled, letting me step inside.

"Where is my brother?" I questioned, following the guy through a messy hallway.

"He's upstairs with one of my mates, Kasey. He's watching over him. We can't be letting him get away yet, can we?" he told me, laughing a little bit as though it was a stupid question.

"I understand that" I replied "If you kidnap someone, you can't just leave them in a room. There's many ways to escape. But even with someone waching over you, there's always that possibility that they could get away. It's not difficult" 

"Oh? You seem like a smart kid, you do" Jason commented, making me smirk.

"I do my research I s'pose" I shrugged "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Oh, yes. I'm assuming that you've had some sort of training or some sort of chat with the police about this?"

"Not exactly. We spoke to them about what was going on but I never had any training" I responded "They don't know I'm here today. They only knew about Jack being gone and they helped us track you down and find out some more about you, that's all"

"Right. So I could shoot you and nobody would know?"

"Correct. If I were you, I'd kill me now" I spoke, my voice quite low and quiet "But then again, where's the fun in that?"

"You seem like a fun kid. Like you understand me?"

"Maybe I do, who knows. But for now, I want to get my brother and get him out of here safe. He deserves to be with his family" 

"You make it sound as though if you had to, you'd switch places with Jack?" 

"I would, but only if I had to. I'd much rather go home with Jack and play the big brother role" I answered, seeing a little bag full of white powder sat on the coffee table, beside many empty and half-empty alcohol bottles.

"Understandable" he hummed, following my gaze to the bag "Oh, don't mind that. Just our cocaine"

"A little careless, leaving it sat there. Surely it would be better leaving it in a drawer or cupboard, perhaps?" I suggested "You must've paid a fair bit for that, you seem to have quite a lot there"

"We all chip in" he mumbled, seemingly stumped for an answer. 

My plan was working.

"So you're all on drugs?" 

"Yes" he stated, keeping his answers short.

"Ahh, nice. Maybe you could even get me involved in the biz when I'm a bit older. I know my deals and trades"

"Perhaps. I don't think your parents would be impressed though?"

"That's why I simply wouldn't tell them" 

"Let's go get your brother" Jason said, changing the subject awfully quickly. I nodded and followed the dangerous man upstairs to where his gang were stood around outside of a certain door.

"Hi. Nice to meet everyone, I'm Ben. I'd love to say I'm here for the drugs but I'm afraid I didn't bring anything to snort it with me so I'll have to come back another time" I voiced.

"Shut up, goody two shoes. What do you actually want?" hissed one man, making me chuckle and roll my eyes.

"I'm not a goody two shoes, for your information. I'm here for my brother, anyway"

"Jake?"

"His names Jack" I corrected, rolling my eyes at the man.

"We changed it to Jake"

"I'm assuming you didn't go through anything legally because you'd have been caught"

"Well.. No" Jason uttered, making me laugh.

"Then you have not changed his name" 

"Get your brother and get out!" Jason shouted, his temper flaring as he pushed the door open, making me move to be stood in the doorway "Go on in! Fetch the boy!"

"I cannot guarantee that you won't close the door. It would simply be stupid of me" I retorted before changing my tone to be softer so I could entice Jack into walking over to me "Jack? Buddy, I'm your brother and-"

"Ben!" the young boy gasped, jumping up and running into my arms "They told me about you and showed me photos" 

"Yes, that's me" I smiled "C'mon"

The two of us ran down the stairs hurriedly and through the hallway, almost reaching the door before someone burst in, a gun in hand. 

"You thought you'd get away that easy? Stupid child" he cackled, aiming the gun at my chest.

"Please don't hurt Jack" I begged, shuffling backwards and holding his hand tightly.

"We're not planning to, he's been hurt enough round here. Just you that we want. An exchange, you could call it. Swap him for you"

"No, no, please" I faked a cry, knowing where things were going. Of course I was genuinely terrified but I still had a positive look, I still had a feeling inside of me that told me I could do it.

"You said earlier you'd do it" Jason reminded.

"I know, I know but surely you'd rather swap him for apples? Not me" There. I'd said the code word and they'd heard the panics, surely they'd send someone in discreetly.

We needed help to be sent in. Even if I knew what we were doing and felt as though I could do it, I knew at this point I needed to call for help and I needed someone to come in. 

If it was only me in there, without Jack, I'd risk my own life to try out my plan because I thought I could make it. But I couldn't risk Jack's life because I 'thought' I could do it, I needed the help.