Chapter 37

Later that evening, Ben went to bed early and the younger kids were already in bed, Stampy was recording and Rachel was sat in the living room on her phone. We'd not made up since the argument, so things had been awkward.

"Look, Rae, I'm sorry about earlier, alright? Ben wanted me to go with him and I've taken you to see Max everyday, so it was only fair I spent some time with him" I sighed, glancing over and seeing her sigh.

"I'm just tired, I'm going to go to bed. Night" and with that, she walked upstairs. Hearing the door shut, I stood up and wandered sadly to the 'office' room where Stampy would be recording.

"Byeeee!" I heard him sing, making me silently thank the Lord for the timing. Opening the door, I smiled as he took his headphones off and turning his chair to face me.

"I tried to apologise to Rae and she said she was just tired and was going to bed, said night and left" I frowned, sitting on a spinny-office chair beside him.

"Exactly, she's tired and stressed. She needs a good rest. Don't overthink it" Stampy smiled, pushing his foot on the arm of my chair, making it spin.

"Oi!" I laughed, spinning myself around the rest of the way to look at him and spin his chair.

"Meanie"

"Beanie" I giggled, spinning around again. We finally calmed ourselves down and headed into the living room, where we sat down and began to chat about things "want a glass of wine?"

"Sure" Stamps grinned, getting up and following me into the kitchen. We got two glasses out and poured out some wine before sitting back down, continuing to talk. This 'one glass of wine' turned into a few and our normal chats because tipsy talk, but nothing more. Luckily none of the kids woke up and came downstairs!... Let's just say we got a little crazy!

~

The next morning, we both woke up at around eleven after having gone to bed at four so we had massive headaches and sleepy eyes but nonetheless, we got up and headed downstairs to see Jack, Gemma and Ben all sat around watching cartoons and not causing mayhem.

"Where's Rachel?" I asked, confused about why they were there and she wasn't. She was very family oriented, she loved to take care of the kids and spend time with them so it was odd that she wasn't there.

"Upstairs still I think" Ben told me "She came downstairs like twenty minutes ago and yelled at us all because apparently the TV was too loud"

"Oh... Right. I'll make some breakfast with your dad then go take her some up and see if she's alright" I smiled, wandering into the kitchen and telling my husband about it.

"Oh... That's odd" he mumbled "Do you think she's just tired? Or d'you think it's something more"

"I'm worried about her"

"Me too" he nodded, smiling sadly "We'll keep a check on her"

"Yeah, yeah." 

"Don't you blame yourself for anything if somethings up. I know what you're like, and you're already blaming yourself"

"You know me too well" I chuckled, shaking my head "But no, I won't"

"Good" 

And with that, the matter was to be left alone.

+++++

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas, and Happy New Year! I hope 2017 brings you joy :)

Sorry I didn't update the last week or so, I've been sick and spending time with my family x