Chapter 31

Just a few days later I was sat downstairs on the settee in the living room whilst Stampy made tea with Ben and Jack. Gemma was at her friends' house and Rachel was upstairs in her bedroom.

I was watching TV.. Well not really, I was actually just scrolling through instagram, watching funny videos of cats failing to jump whilst listening to music and waiting for tea. 

Only moments later, I heard a loud 'thud' upstairs before loud footsteps, then seeing Rachel running down the stairs.

"Woah chill Rae" I spoke, sitting up as I saw how panicked she looked.

"Max has been in a car accident" she cried out, clutching her phone.

"Sit down, calm down and tell me what happened, yeah?" I hummed, patting the space on the settee. My daughter sat down, took a few deep breaths before beginning;

"His mum messaged me five minutes ago off of his phone because I'd been messaging him, asking where he was and why he wasn't replying and stuff" she explained, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"What's her message? What'd she put?"

"She put; 'Hey Rach, we're at the hospital at the minute. Max has been in a car accident, he's in a stable condition but he's quite badly injured. He keeps asking about you, so if you're mum or dad could bring you, that'd be lovely because all he wants is to see you. I haven't given him his phone yet because I want him to get sorted first. Let me know Xx' And so I asked what had happened and she told me Max could explain if we visit"

"Okay, find out when we can visit and I'll take you straight after tea, if that's okay?" I questioned, making her nod and sigh.

"I'll ask now" she mumbled, giving me a quick hug before heading back upstairs. I left my phone on the little coffee table and headed into the kitchen, where Stampy, Ben and Jack were.

"How long is it going to be?" 

"About ten minutes, why?" my husband informed.

"Okay, I just told Rae I'd take her to the hospital straight after we've eaten if we can go"

"Oh?"

"Why? What's wrong?" Ben quizzed, making me smile sadly.

"Max has been in a car accident. His mum's messaged Rae, apparently he's stable but badly injured and all he wants is her to go and see him" I explained, watching as Jack stirred some stuff.

The three guys nodded in response before I left the room and let them dish up our food.

~

After tea, Rachel told me that Max's mum wanted us to go straight away so we sorted out that Stamps at home with Ben and Jack, and wait for Gemma to be dropped off from her friends' house.

Once we had our coats and shoes on, we climbed in the car and set off on our way to the hospital to go and see my daughter's boyfriend. 

When we arrived at the hospital, we headed straight to the desk before being redirected to the reception of another part in the hotel, where we got told to go through to the family and friends room for the area and so we did and that's where we found Max's Dad sat.

"Hey" he greeted, standing up and giving Rachel a quick hug before giving me one too "I'm Max's Dad, John"

"I'm Sqaishey, Rachel's mum" I introduced, giving him a quick smile.

"Max will be waiting for you's both. His mum, Joanne, is in there too. He's in a room, bright red door. Hard to miss" 

"Thank you" we both said, leaving the room again and walking down the corridor until we came to a bright, ruby red door.

Rachel knocked on the door and we waited a moment before it was opened, revealing a beautiful woman who was probably a similar age to me.

"Hey" Rachel smiled at her. We had our awkward little introduction before we decided to let Max and Rae see eachother alone, so his mum, Julie, and I headed back to the waiting room.

Author's Note / I know this took forever, my heads been a bit all over the place recently because I'm really busy and tired. I'll start updating more often soon! <3