Chapter 46

Squaishey's POV

"I think that's the final box." I smiled, setting the cardboard full of clothes down. The day had come where Rachel and Ben were moving out. It was a sad day, but some happiness was combined. Their new house was going to be shared with Max, who was still Rachel's boyfriend. They took some sort of break after turning seventeen, deciding that they needed to find themselves as they grew up. Then, at almost nineteen, they bumped into each other and hit it off again and here we are, another two years later and they're moving in.

Max was now in a punk band, writing songs and playing them across the country. He was the lead singer and guitarist.

Ben and Rachel were still as close as ever, their youtube channel holding over seven millions subscribers. They did a stage show across the country, and were looking at going out on a tour of America as well as Europe.

Gemma ended up being a beauty guru on Youtube, as well as a makeup artist on set for movies and runway shows. It was a dream come true for her when she was offered the job to work with some of her favourite models.

Jack became a photographer. He joined bands on tours, taking fun photos for their social medias. He often toured with Max's band too, which is how he met his boyfriend, who was a sound technician.

All of our friends were doing good too, kids growing up and moving out. It was quite a sad time, but also happy.

"You okay Mum?" Ben asked, smiling softly.

"I'm going to miss you."

"Mum, we're literally two streets away," Rachel giggled, shaking her head. "But I'll miss you too. Ben's hot chocolates aren't half as good as yours!"

"Hey! Mine are the best!" Ben pouted as we all chuckled.

Our conversation took a turn, and we ended up reminiscing old times as we sat in their bare living room. We were on the floor, might I add, as they'd not yet brought a sofa in. If I was them, that would've been my first thought - a sofa is always a good idea - but they decided they'd be fine for a week or so whilst they sorted the rest of the house out.

"Remember that time we had a nerf war and I fell downstairs?!" Netty giggled hysterically, face palming.

"Yeah, I won that one!" Jack smirked, puffing out his chest in a 'manly' way.

"You did not! I won that one." His boyfriend, James, gasped, "you're such a liar."

"Ugh, fine. You won." huffed Jack, pouting playfully.

"What about that one time - that one time that Max fell off the table whilst trying to paint the ceiling!" Rachel was cutting herself off with her own laugh, trying to force her sentence out.

"That wasn't funny! I had to get six stitches."

"It was funny man. You were so freaked out!" Ben chuckled.

"You - you couldn't even say the word blood for a solid two weeks after dude!" Gemma smirked at the memory. It was a pretty funny time.

As we sat there, thinking about all these times we'd shared together, I thought back over the years spent with everyone. I bumped into Stampy in an elevator and now here we are, sat in our kids' new house talking about dumb things that have happened in our lives.

I made it through all those tough times. Rachel recovered. Jack survived. Ben fought. Gemma held on. We all did it.

"I'm proud of us." Rachel voiced after a moment of silence, "we've all come through so much. So many issues and battles, and here we are."

"Me too. I can't believe I spent the first few years of my life cooped up, not really knowing my own family and now here we are. You guys are so great." Jack smiled, linking hands with James.

"We shot people, we came through personal battles and we had damn good nerf wars. We're pretty cool." Ben spoke, glancing across the room.

"I can't believe I've gone from smearing eyeliner across mums lips to putting it on models - Like, actual models!" Gemma giggled.

"That was quite the time. Eyeliner doesn't taste good Gem, don't put it on Cara Delevingne's lips!" I made a fake-gagging noise, then laughed at the memories of having makeup piled onto my face by a little girl.

"Really guys? I'm trying to make this a serious moment!" Rachel groaned, shaking her head at her family.

"Okay, okay. Seriously, I am so so proud of you guys. You've all come so far, and I can't express how truly precious and amazing you each are."

"Mum! Too sappy and serious"

"Let your mum have her moment, Rae. She said what we're all thinking!" Netty laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "I remember when you guys were just tiny little babies! And before you were born, your mum and dad were total drama queens! They argued about just about everything."

"Hey! You were also a drama queen." Tomohawk said to Netty, chuckling as he watched her reaction.

"Put it this way, we were all drama queens. I think it runs in the friendship group or something. Max, James, I wish you luck." Stampy joked, making Jack throw him a playful glare.

-

Stood in the kitchen of Rachel and Ben's new home, I sighed. Everyone was playing Monopoly but I needed a drink, so I was just grabbing an orange juice. Things were going to be weird now that the troublesome two weren't going to be home with us. Gemma was planning on moving into central London and Jack was often on tour with bands, which just left Stampy and I to ourselves. It'd be nice to spend some time, just us though.

"You can relax now, Sqaish. We've done it. We've raised kids to be adults who can look after themselves, and not one died!" Stampy spoke from beside me, making me jump a little before giggling.

"One almost did, Stamps. But yeah, we did it. We didn't kill each other along the way either. You're still alive, I'm still alive! How crazy."

"Yeah, I was pretty convinced one of us would end up dead, or totally insane." he hummed, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. "I'm proud of you, though. You've come so far."

"Not just me. We did it together, Stamps. You've helped me so much, and I'll always be grateful. I love you."

"I love you too."

We made it.

----

THE END