11

I had sat through Iris blathering about her job in the Bronx as an aspiring actor and how's she's been on broadway which i only knew she was discussing because Cole asked me how was work yesterday which fired her up into going into depths about her occupation. She would've kept yapping but the batista came up and asked if we would like anything to eat or drink. "Yeah actually can I get another glass of water?" Iris requested wiggiling her cup of ice rudely but no one said a word. "Anything else?" He asked the rest of us and for the second time Cole and I spoke at the same time, "Coffee." We said in unison then laughing. Iris rolled her eyes I could see from the corner of my eyes obviously agitated. "You go." I told Cole while the batista stopped laughing with us and began to jot down his order. "And Tay would like a...caramel swirl with 3 sugars?" Cole stated unsurely wiggling his eyebrows. "Bingo." I responded making him chuckle lightly. "Oh don't forget she loves whipped cream." Dylan chimmed correctly. "Thanks Dylan." I smiled highfiving him while Cole added the whipped cream. "You know her order so well." Iris mumbled under her breath, everyone heard but no one said anything. Cole gulped and tried to brush the comment off even when Iris stared at him expectantly.

I sipped coffee and talked across the table with Dylan. "You're dressed so casual today." Dylan pointed out. Cole nodded and hummed in agreement asking why. "Today is my day off and I was gonna have a movie night after the art gallery." I hinted making Cole's face light up. "Oh you're coming thats great!" He nearly shouted making me smile wide. "Oh you have and art show babe? Am I invited?" Iris pouted. I cringed as the use of 'babe' because she didnt deserve it. "Uh yeah sure i don't see why not." He murmured not as happy. I wanted to laugh again but i didnt. "But since I'm having a movie night you can come too, I'm watching Cry-baby tonight with Johnny Depp in it." I said lightly leaving the offer open for them. Iris suddenly clapped snapping everyone back to her just to hear her talk. "Would love to but we can't, we are going night swimming." She smirked looking at me with a fake pout. "You can come if you like." Dylan suggested and everyone looked at me except Iris who was staring at Dylan angrily then creating an excuse. "I'm sure she can't, i mean i know how your kind of people hair is when it hits the water." I was completely shocked at her words and so was Dylan and Cole. I stopped bobbing my leg up and down and grabbed my phone off the table deciding not respond to that comment like any other would. I shot up from the table and stormed out leaving everything else behind feeling hot tears feel my eyes. I was used to the black comments, slurs, and jokes but something in me wanted to go wild but I couldn't. I felt helpless and stupid infront of Cole. Here i was crushing on a Caucasian who has a Caucasian girlfriend as well and she just stated what they were clearly thinking behind closed doors.

When I turned the corner I stormed into the building slamming my apartment door behind me surely waking the entire 3rd floor and 2nd. I peeled my shoes off and cried while walking to my bed and slamming down into a bundle of hot tears and floral print fabrc.