16

A/N

Iris up above, idk who she is in rl or her name but she is gorgeous and she is now the new face of Iris.

Cole and I were waiting outside in the cold for Dylan and Iris to hurry up and meet us. Cole was leaning against the building with a lit cigarette and I was standing further out on the sidewalk looking over the cars and people for Dylan. I was chilly so I shoved my hands between my crossed arms and hoped this'll keep me warm. Cole didnt seem to be bothered in fact he seemed fine as if his cigarette was a heater. I caught the chills sending goose bumps surging up my skin and making me regret this outfit. My feet were beginning to hurt and I was so close to home and I could literally just leave right now. I was going to storm off but a familiar red head and dirty blonde appeared around a silver Mustang. They looked fine and warm in their jackets. "They're here." I said walking over to Dylan.
Cole put out his cigarette and semi jogged up behind me to catch up. I've been trying to keep my distance from Cole a tinge bit just so I won't get ahead of myself and do something I'll regret. "Hey guys, Iris how are you?" I asked stroking her shoulder before dropping my hand by my side. My tone was sketchy and unsure. She looked up from her shoes and looked  at Cole before looking at me then gave a simple "Fine." No one said much the next 10 seconds then Iris apologized moving closer to him. Cole didn't respond at first then he brushed it off by saying okay. She leaned in to hug him and so I moved away and stood next to Cole.

Dylan and I were kicking rocks as I told him everything that he missed tonight and how amazing the art was. Cole clearly wasn't thinking about me by the way he was lazily throwing his hands on Iris showing affection and laughing like nothing happened. I don't know what I was expecting honestly. Of coursw it hurts to see this but he was never mine to began with. The burning anger inside me was the only thing keeping me warm but otherwise I was still freezing my ass off. I wasn't even sure where I was going with them anyway. "Where are we going?" I asked slowing down and looking at something other then my feet. We had been walking aimlessly but now we stopped and Cole was turned to me as well as Iris. "Do you wanna go night swimming still?" Cole asked Iris. I glanced over at Dylan then back at the two love birds making me cringe. "I don't know do you guys wanna come?" Iris offered. I slightly rolled my eyes and wanted to sarcastically respond 'I'm not sure about how my hair would react' due to her comment earlier but I wasn't going to be petty. "I'm actually really cold right now and since it's my only day off I'm just gonna unravel for tonight and watch a movie." I said honestly. "Oh." Dylan said before I felt his jacket drape across my shoulders. I was blushing furiously when I thanked him. "I'm actually a bit cold to so-" Dylan began. His arms were pulled close around me pushing his jacket closer onto me, I looked at Cole who snapped his eyes from our close touch and looked at me. "Hey why don't you come over? We can eat some of the pie I made or something?" I offered knowing he'd tag along. Dylans face lit and his smile grew. "Yeah that sounds great." Dylan responded. I actually didn't mind just hanging out with Dylan because he was the most comforting and sweetest at the moment. Usually when it's us two we have the best conversations so tonight would be fine. I looked at Iris and Cole's face and she constantly had a blank yet angry look as usual but Cole looked like a lost pup. "Do you guys want to come?" I said quizzically. I wasn't to keen on the idea of Iris being in my house but if it meant Cole would be there I'll do anything. They exchanged looks then Cole said yes and Iris rolled her eyes turning to walk like she was guiding us my apartment.