33

"If it's important enough for you, you will find a way. If it's not you will find an excuse."

Today was my birthday but I wanted to share this day with Cole so it'll be just us having a romantic night. I wanted to throw a party at first but Dylan said he wouldn't be able to make it since he got sick and I couldnt imagine inviting anyone else. My mom was all the way in CT and I wasn't sure if I was good on the idea of her meeting Cole yet. I also didn't want to invite friends from work because I wasn't exactly close with them all. I had went out shopping and bought a sheer yellow long sleeve shirt and blue boyfriend jeans so we can hang out around town and go out to eat to the new vintage diner on 5th avenue I've been dying to go to. Cole and I stayed at our own apartments because he had to go meet his mom at the airport in the morning then take her back home. He was the first person to call and say happy birthday which made my day of course. Although we've been dating for a short while I could see a future for us no doubt. I was blushing at the the thought of him which happens so often.
    It's been a 4 hours and I haven't heard from Cole but I was still waiting. I was hoping I'd be able to be there when his mom came down but I haven't heard from him yet. I tried calling him and when I asked questions he sounded really busy like I was bothering him. I specifically asked if it was okay if I could meet her but he sounded anxious on the phone. His exact words where, "She isn't feeling well either but when she feels better I'll call you back." I felt strange and mislead but I didn't say anything else. I waited in my apartment wondering if he was still gonna come by and atlease have some birthday cake with me but he didn't appear. I wanted to call but I didn't want to be annoying so I just laid in bed and fell asleep forgetting my birthday completely. I wanted to not be upset but I couldn't help it, I was too mad and confused. I wanted a valid explanation because he was clearly lying. Perhaps he was getting me a gift and I was overreacting. Maybe he'll call me in the morning with one good explanation and an apology to make things better.