12

I was crying for atlease 7 minutes until i called my mom for her words of encouragement. After explaining to her about this morning but leaving out unnecessary detail she reminded me I am strong, independent melanin girl and I didn't deserve it. After the phone call I made myself a sweet potato pie and while waiting for it to slowly bake I watched Cry-baby in peace. I wasn't going to let Iris's words bring me down, i was gonna let them bring me up.

I felt great until it was 9 and someone was knocking at my door. I wasn't sure but it couldn't be Manerva because she was at dinner now. "Coming." I called throwing my oven mit onto the table and smelling the best pie on the stove. I pulled the door open and there was neighbour Jaxon standing next to Dylan. I was confused why he was here but I'll let him explain himself. "He's was wandering around the lobby looking for you." Jaxon told me. I moved out of the way so Dylan can come in while i thanked Jax. When I shut the door I offered Dylan a seat in the kitchen. "This is a nice place, it's vintage I like it alot." He said looking at my tin coco-cola sign and stacked vinyls under my polaroid camera. "Thank you." I smiled. I began to slice a piece of sweet potoato pie while listening to Dylan. "I'm sorry about how Iris acted today and there is no excuse for that comment and she wants to apologize as well because we weren't raised that way." Dylan exclaimed. I clenched the knife when he basically stated he and Cole knew Iris since they were younger. "No its fine." I lied. I was never one to keep and issue going so even if I had to lie about how I felt to end a problem I would. "No its not and that's why we were wondering if you still wanted to see Cole before he went into character." He said standing up from the cherry wood table and leaning on the chair with one hand.

"Cole's gonna be so excited to see you here." Dylan said as we walked to a crosswalk sign just across from Keurin's gallery. When we saw it was our go Dylan place a hand on my back and crossed me to the other side. He was comforting as well as his brother and I had a good feeling when I am around him. I was walking a bit slow in my black pencil skirt, and black turtle neck crop top. Everything was tight fitting but cute. I wore nude pumps that only matched with the nude colored roses in my floral kimono with lace sleeves that dangled to my elbow. My hair was taken from the bantu knots and pulled into a curly bun. I pulled my black shoulder bag closer to me and waited as Dylan held the door for me. "You look beautiful." Dylan complimented looking at me once more and leading me to the two people I was here to see. "Thank you and you look nice as well." I returned.

Although Dylan wasn't my first crush he did have alot of attractive traits about him that made me like him too. Before we could even approach them they turned to us and Iris obviously had a look of intimidation while Cole looked at me with pure lust. I didnt think I looked that nice but apparently I did. "You look decent." Iris complemented not too convincing. I skimmed over her outfit which was a simple white romper and black flats and her hair pin straight. Not at all nice but to be sweet I complimented her back. Cole spent a second looking at me and I tried to pretend be unaware while talking to Iris. "For starters I'd like to apologize about the comment earlier it was out of line and rude and I just feel really bad because its not how I was raised." She apolgized. It wasnt sincere but I'll take it. "Its fine I'm not gonna hold it against you honey." I belittle subtly reaching in for another hug. She barely wrapped her arms around me but I squeezed her tight nearly crunching her bones. "Lovely, shall we take a look around." Cole asked passing us glasses of champagne off of a tray. I smirked at him and he winked before placing a hand on the small of Iris's back. I clenched my fist and sighed quietly. Dylan placed a hand on my back as well so I looked up and smiled but he was already looking down with the same expression.