10

It was a new day and most importantly it was Sunday therefore Manerva was at church and choir practice and after a big family dinner so that meant i wouldnt have to see her for the rest of day. She usually invited me to each of the time consumers but i would curtly deny and go on about my buisness like i will today. I was dressing in a yellow tshirt that hugged me perfectly and my favorite grey sweats because today i was going to be lazy and to compliment the look i wore my white hightop converse and my hair in buns. I felt like i could take on the world in comfort. I smeared gloss onto my lips after my makeup was done and my glasses were slipped on. When i felt just right i skipped down the building stares and walked down the street with my hands in my pocket. I was sure Cole would be here as well as Dylan dressed nicely as usual but hopefully they wouldnt judge me too much. Even though i wasnt dressed up like i usually would i still put effort into being lazy and purposely forgetting my jacket incase another surprise rain shower.
I love walking with Cole in the rain, his body heat radiating on to me and his smell blessing my nostrils was pure bliss. Not only did he walk me home with a never faltering smile but he called me 'baby'. I surely melted in my boots creating my own little puddle.

I got to the coffee shop a bit later then expected due to the delay of slow walkers and cute dogs I had to pat and adore.
I pulled the door open and there were the two dirty blonde heads but an extra red head laughing and talking. I cleared my throat of the now forming lump and put on my smile deciding this wasn't gonna bring me down. I had a perfect morning so far so i was just gonna sit and hope this was their sister or Dylans girlfriend. I walked around the booth and smiled wide waving my hands and sitting down as they watched me. Cole smiled but wasnt as wide as last night and Dylan smiled like usual, but the girl across from the two i sat next to, her smile was beautiful but fake. She was gorgeous with her shoulder length red hair, big blue eyes and pretty freckles on her high cheek bones. "Hey T." Dylan said joyfully. "Hey this is Iris my girlfriend I told you about." Cole introduced like yesterday never happened. I cleared my throat quickly feeling pure sadness boil over and lodge in my throat but again I hid it with a smile. I turned to her and stuck my hand out to shake her hand. "Hi I'm Taysha but you can call me Tay." I greeted trying not to make my hurt feelings show. "Taysha is such a pretty name. I'm Iris, Coles girlfriend." She beamed before pulling her hand back. I wanted to cry when she repeated she was Cole's girlfriend but i didnt surprisingly. I turned to Cole and Dylan who where eyeballing Dylan's phone and reading something then putting the phone down all together.
  "Sorry I'm late guys, i had to check the weather twice to make sure last night doesn't happen again." I lied with a fake giggle. I didnt check the weather but i did want to bring up last night all over again. "Oh yeah, last night was something." Cole agreed tapping his fingers with a wide smile I remembered from last night. "Speaking of how was it walking back for you Dylan?" I asked curiously and sweetly trying to paint the picture that I'm a sweet and concerned friend. "It actually eased up because i didnt leave till about 10 minutes after Cole bought you home." Dylan responded making me happy that he mentioned the last part. Iris shifted uncomfortably then opened her mouth to speak over Dylan and I. "Cole walked you home?" She asked still trying to maintain a cheerful vibe but i could hear it in her voice she didn't like it one bit. "Yeah he's the sweetest, he even covered me from the rain with his jacket." I boasted mercilessly.
   The tension could be cut with a knife but I was cool. Cole didnt say a word but just looked at me smiling until Iris looked at him and glared. "Yeah my boyfriend is sweet isn't he." She complimented clenching her fist under the table. I wanted to laugh in her face but I didnt thankfully.