9

"It's raining hard out there." Dylan pointed out catching both Cole and my attention. Him and I were talking about artwork and Soho at night forgetting everything around us including Dylan whom didn't seem to mind very much. We turned to look out and it sure was raining hard. "Oh." I said looking down at my outfit and instantly feeling glum. I was wearing a simple yellow tshirt and mom jeans. "The weather man said today is supposed to be sunny." Cole huffed although he had appropriate attire on. I was debating on if I should wait a little longer until the rain lets up but that was unpredictable at this point. I sighed standing up in my boots then closing wrapped my arms all the way around myself already catching the chills. I was prepared for my hair and outfit to get soaked but now I just had to try and casually walk out without slipping.

"Where are you going?" Dylan asked concerned.

"I have to go home and get ready for work and besides I'm walking in the rain so by the time I get home my hairs gonna be messy and I'm going to need to do it again." I explained mentally preparing myself to head on out but Cole soon stopped me by standing swiftly infront of me. "I'll walk you home." Cole stated blankly with no questions asked.
Words cant express what I was feeling. "Y-yeah I mean sure C'mon yeah." I stuttered feeling my heart beat out of my chest and my throat go unusually dry. "Okay." He took keys from his back pocket and tossed them to Dylan who caught it with one hand and put it on the table infront of him. "Bye Dylan and thanks for the coffee." I thanked Dylan reaching over to give him a awkward high-five. "No problem, same time tomorrow." He responded turning around to finish his hazelnut swirl iced drink.

Cole placed a hand behind my back but not fully touching me. I could feel his presence while his other hand held the door open for me. "Thank you." I smiled stepping into the freezing rain and easily getting drenched. I tugged my sleeves into my hands and held my arms close to me. Cole pulled his jacket off and placed it above our heads. He was such a gentlemen which made my heart flutter. I turned to look at him and he was already looking at me with a smile. I wanted to shoot my lips in to kiss his lips but i couldnt gather enough courage. "C'mon baby." He said breaking gazes and walking down the bare streets watching the rain infront of us. I felt the heat rise on my cheeks and a blush creep up my cheeks causing me to smile wide. I tugged my bottom lip between my teeth and bit until i stopped smiling.

I led him all the way home and stopped in the doorway of the building. I ran under the door frame and out of the rain and stood infront of Cole looking up at me with a smile that hasn't disappeared. "Why are you smiling so wide?" I giggled shoving my hands into my front pockets. "I'm too wet and uncomfortable to explain it now but I'll see you tomorrow?" He said he pulled his jacket onto his shoulders and winked at me. I so badly wanted to tell him the things he does so thoughtlessly effects me in ways he can only imagine. "Yeah tomorrow." I assured him batting my long eyelashes. "Have good rest of your day Taysha." He said walking off and tilting his hat. I stood for a second just basking in the moment before an agitating voice interrupted my peaceful view of Cole walking off. "Who's that Tay? You got yourself a boyfriend? He looks familiar." Manerva pestered igniting a certain anger in me that I only got when talking to her. I rolled my eyes and turned inside avoiding looking at her. "Its nobody." I spoke through gritted teeth listening to my wet shoes squeak across the blue tile floor. She followed behind me with a mop continuing to blather on. "Its alright Missy, I'll just tell your mother." She joked but i did have a bitter attitude towards that statement. Just because my mother had a bit of a friendship with her she felt like she was family but if she ever needs a reminder that she wasnt I wouldn't hesitate to tell her. "Go ahead." I seethed under my breath restraining from speaking my mind. I pushed up the stairs now tensed and annoyed because of her ruining my mood.