Episode 2

The starry night sky was covered with a thick envelope of dark grey clouds which were starting to thunder. It took not so long to rain like cat and dogs. The street were filled with people rushing home, fighting the rain with their umbrellas or just stuck in traffic in their vehicles.

A horse perfectly jumped over the thundering river, whose water level was gradually rising due to the heavy downpour, as it's rider hardly missed to fall into the river as the grip got looser due to the rain. The horse galloped it's way towards the Vermilion palace as the rider fought with the downpour while managing not to fall.

The gigantic door of the palace were gradually opened by the maids as the totally drenched person covered in a dark dripping cloak slipped from the horse rather harsh creating a pool of water on the floor. A trail of dirty damp footsteps were left as the person ran to the dining hall.

The food on the table laid untouched as three people were waiting patiently, OK not all three. The chandelier slowly swung as the clock ticking echoed the silent room. Just then admist the tiny noises, the doors were jerked opened.

"Oh! Your Highness arrived ". The lady glowing in her early teens faked the most cringy smile
exclaimed sarcastically as she stayed seated gracefully on the carved mahogany chair. "Oh dear, it's too early........ the soup is still warm have your Highness decided to attend dinner on tim...... "

"Shut up while you eat my lady" the person popped a grape from the table into her mouth it's not like you. " The person smirked as Shanon choked on the grape.

Fuming with anger with tear threatening to fall from her eyes, Shanon Vermilion glared at the person who have been nothing but nuisance in her life, since the day she was born

Fuming with anger with tear threatening to fall from her eyes, Shanon Vermilion glared at the person who have been nothing but nuisance in her life, since the day she was born. If glare could kill, the perfect Princess of Fire Kingdom would now be the most brutal murderer to kill the same person 100 times.

Unable to hold back her emotional trauma, Shanon turned to her father who stayed emotionless at the head of the table,"Father, see what Sca......"
"Lets eat, shall we?" The king cut her words as he arranged his napkins.

The alluring dinning hall illuminating with the warm light of the chandelier seemed blurry to young Princess as her tears fell like waterfall. Excusing herself, she ran swiftly to her room.

"Why don't you listen to her once in a while. You are too cold towards her. " stating that, the Queen stood from her seat as she followed her.

"Tsk, shall we help ourselves now. " The King gave a small nod of approval as the two began to eat their share.

The clanking of utensils were heard in the enormous room as the dine in utter silence. "You have a big day tomorrow. " The King broke the silence as he gained the attention of the clumsy diner who had half of the soup splattered on the table.

The King chuckeled as he continued, " I know you are nervous though you are not showing it. There are going to be times when you will be left alone. There are going to be times when
you will have to go against the whole world. The ones you believed would betray you. The God would seem to be unfair. Moreover you will lose faith in yourself. In that moment I want you to remember that I will still believe in you. I believe, no I am sure you are gonna be a wise ruler,no the best ruler ever in Aether. I'm proud of you, and I'm sure you will make me proud, my heir, my brave successor

"............................."

"Haha ,that was funny Old man"

To be continued.........
Thank you and please vote