Episode 23

"Today is really gonna be your end." Sophie shouted equipping her Szabela.

"Don't make up your own assumptions

"Don't make up your own assumptions. You are the one who is going to die today if you don't stop this now." Shiki blocked her attack equipping his Arcus just in time. He swiftly had to dodge back to avoid Scarlet's Valastro attack too."God, what is your problem women?" He cried.

"Don't act like you don't know anything

"Don't act like you don't know anything. Stop that innocent act of yours. We all know you are behind this aren't you." Sophie said it all in one breathe. But she didn't stop charging towards him. It was a pure coincidence or maybe just one of his sick trick to finish them off but they had met Shiki in the forest in the outskirts of the Main Capital Kingdom, all alone.

"I know you are not going to believe me but I am not behind any of these." He vinidicted himself while avoiding Scarlet's attack. Just in the Nick of the time, he kicked her Valastro from her hand, twisted her arm behind her back and drew his Arcus near her neck. "Don't move or else I will slit your throat. The same goes for you Sophie." He warned.

"I'm telling you, I'm not behind any of this shits. Can't you see I'm a victim here too. They took my Rose away from me."

"Cut that act now. It's not working at all." Scarlet scoffed through her life dangled at the slit of his blade.

Suddenly, the cold of his blade lost contact with her neck and next thing she knew was being pushed and pulled along as the guy cut wounds on some ninja-guy charging on them. When they saw no one able to stand on their feet and attack, they ran away. Sophie cursed in her breathe. How could she forget the reason they didn't use any of their powers for days. Their power created a huge force which could let the ninja-guys find their locations.

"Let's make a deal." Shiki slomped on the ground. His breathe was uneven from running. "Let's go together. We have a common enemy."

The two girls stayed silent for a moment. "DEAL" they were going to gamble with their life. They had to take the risk. If he was lying, they would kill him that instant, or would lose their lives.
------------------------------------------------------

"I swear Jae freaking Fujioka!  If you don't slow this damn vehicle this instant; I'll not think twice before cutting your crazy head! " Saito gripped tightly on to the back of the front seat for his dear life. "Ignore him Jae! Go faster ~~WooHoo~~", Shanon encouraged him.

Saito regretted his decision to take his car but the Hanokami and Tsuchikami Kingdoms were the farthest from their base. So, he had no option. And letting Jae drive his car was his worst mistake or maybe his last mistake.

The car abruptly stopped. Much to Saito's pleasure and Shanon displeasure. He quickly got out of  the car. If he had to ride that car for even a minute more then, all the content his gut would come out.

Soon, they walked through the secret pass into the Vermilion Palace, being led by Jae.

"Oh shit" Jae cursed in his breathe. The whole Palace was guarded. Ninja-guys were everywhere.

He pursed his lips in a thin line. He had to do it. And he was there crawling under the rose bush of the veranda.

"Tell me why are we doing this again." Shanon whined.

But nothing could stop him. And finally, they reached in his room, where he had a little reunion celebration with his teddy.

"Okay, let's go out of this place." He said.

Saito and Shanon dead panned themselves. They took all these trouble for a Teddy. But what done was done.

"Well, whom do we have here?" A voice welcomed them when they opened the door.

"Council President Sasuke. What are you doing here?" Saito asked him, totally surprised.

"Oh, I heard about this car, crashing through the city. So I couldn't help but come to see." The fakeness of his face and voice made them cringe.

"Then we'll take your leave." The three ran away.

"Oh!  Kids don't make it hard for us both. There's no use. Just give up and surrend yourselves to us."

"Not in our watch." Shanon spat as she hurdles through the guards with the guys.

"Kids nowadays don't listen to us." Sasuke mumbled. Rising his hand to draw a circle  in the air, he created a fire barrier around them, which they couldn't cross, there were no solid ground beneath for a couple of metres distance.

Saito froze in his place. His nightmare blurred his vision.

[A small boy was crying to get away from the clutches of a hooded man.

"Saito, baby don't cry. Mom is gonna be alright." Queen Sophie tried to calm her child from far. Trapped inside a fire barrier, she was helpless. "You Demon! My child has nothing to do with you. It's me who is your threat."

"Then, okay." The fakeness of his words were clear from his voice. "You are my threat and I will make sure there is no threat in my way." With that he left the bawling kid, equipped a gun blazing with fire and armed at her. He turned his head towards the kid. A evil smirk was visible from the canopy of his head, as his fingers pulled the trigger. ]

BANG!

A Loud blast echoed through the room.

"No!"  Jae shouted. A detached hand of his teddy left on hand. Admist saving the frozen Saito from the growing fire bullet from Sasuke, his teddy was sacrificed. It's body turned into ashes from the attack. With a thud he kneeled on the ground. Without moving or uttering a single word from his mouth, he too froze.

"Hey guys. What are you doing?" Shanon tried to bring them back to reality.

"Just give up Princess." Sasuke smirked evily.

Saito looked at the devil. The same evil smirk. The vigour hard work to get stronger, the working till late at night to search for clue and silence prayers to avenge on his mother's murdered went to vain. The demon was standing in front of him with the same smug in his face, and he couldn't do anything.

TO BE CONTINUED
AND PLEASE VOTE.