ten

part ten - golden

the sun was burning holes on her skin, she could feel it giving birth to more freckles on her nose and arms - those bastards and stupid marco. it was just a simple friendly tennis football; gone wrong.

marco should've fucking chill.

althaea knew how competitive marco is, since they were kids. marco is the fastest. marco is the tallest. marco is the prettiest in blonde. marco is the popular in primary school. marco this, marco that.

he is the golden boy.

well, it's not like she isn't the golden girl of the family- she is (compared to both of their older sisters) but being under the shadow was suffocating.

and losing these friendly fußnis to his twin sister was shaking the supreme reus throne marco has been keeping to himself since 22 years ago.

" come on, marco," the younger twin giggled, taunting him eagerly, "it's just a friendly." yūgi passed her a water bottle, a teasing smile thrown across to marco and his partner, felix. they won with solid 16-21 against marco and felix passlack; it was their 3rd round winning.

" rematch," marco spitted on the ground and asked for a ball from the sideline. " one last game. first to reach 10 points win. winner takes all."

" even supreme reus title," she asked, gleefully.

he snorted, " it's a fake title."

" then why so bother to rematch?" she taunted, blowing him the raspberries. it started to feel like kindergarten again. 5 years old marco from the red team and 5 years old thea from the green team in a potato sack race. they had always been the one shit, share together kind of siblings (they used to share a football, the teared up paper snakes and ladders and the handmade ouija board sitting under their combined single beds even the red bicycle papa reus gave to thea.)

" who ever won is the best reus, and it's me." the words of 5 years old marco echoed in her ears.

how dare him. thea has never felt more offended in her 5 years old life until the moment marco decided to go solo on the best reus quest instead of them against andriana and rachel, their sisters.

she grunted, " game on."

"ya'll it's a game," yūgi muttered, going back and forth at the reus twins, they were ready to jump on each other throats- and hers too.

"no it's not!" they turned and yelled at her, which the japanese took as a defeat sign and back off with both hands up, " don't kill each other, kids." she said in defeat and sat on the sideline joining emily, maro and some of the dortmund boys.

marco started with a harsh servis straight to the ground and thea didn't even get a chance to react. " marco, that was dirty!" she exclaimed, she was after all 2 points down.

" all in or nothing, baby." he grinned and she frowned, " you want to play shit and shit is what you will get."

the next 4 points went to thea- marco slipped and lost concentration both times; then the next point went to marco when he caught her off-guard.

it was 4-4 equalised and thea's turn to serve. but when he served back the ball hit her stomach and she fell back.

"jesus, crap, tee!"

" am i dead?" she muttered, her head pounded and her stomach- her ovary twisted in pain, " jesus, marco are you trying to kill me?" he kneeled beside of her and helped her up. apologies repeated like a prayer on his lips as he tended his younger twin sister. " come on, get her to the infirmary please," one of the medical ushered them who left in hurry. as they were walking down the hallways, althea finally opened her drying mouth.

" you won it."

he snorted, " first 10. and also i won't let you die."

" i think i'm bleeding." she winced.

marco immediately stopped their tracks and looked up to her head, looking for the bleeding she was saying. "let me look," the medic said but she shook her head softly.

she groaned, " you're fucking idiot, marco," she rolled her eyes, " down here- i'm bleeding from my-uhh v-vagina." she cried out softly and crouched down, " it-it's in pain help me, urgh."