twenty-nine

part twenty nine: we are nearing the end

it was too hard to fall out of love.
but it was always easy to change.

for a second it felt like the relationship built fell apart in a heavy hurricane, when it was just a small storm visiting a small town.

lukasz piszczek has always been good in fixing things.

it's natural, he guess. judging by how he still keeps in contact with robert and mats even after they left the team or when there was a crisis in the bvb defense's team back in the last reigning year of klopp or the furnitures in the babies' room, with thea being well thea; he has always be a fixer.

and when she thought she couldn't love him much anymore, she still looked at him the same way she looked at him at the endless night, where they were just reckless being; full of love and he returned the look, stared at her like the entire goddamn universe is in her eyes. she always fear that one day she had to deal with losing the universe he once saw in her eyes; but he didn't. he made them stay.

at the brink of the end of her pregnancy, he had to be gentle. every touches and strokes were as if he was holding his mother's vintage plates that she bought that would never even be used.

everyday there's always visitors, their house was never even quiet anymore. at times, they wished they can just slow dance in the kitchen to the sound of the bacons in the frying pan and the whistling of the water kettle, without worrying anyone would see them. but for now, as half of his teammates scattered in his dinning hall, their children ran mindlessly in the child-proof house, he, lukasz was content enough that he could pressed his beating chest against her as she prepared them some hot drinks.

and everyday is also fear attempting to cripple her strength, that she would never make it to the 9th month mark, that they would never make it. well but as long as her strengths shared the same blood and breath the same air she breathed in, connected by just a simple veins and capillaries encased by an armor which is herself, she should be just fine. not even god could stand in her way for that moment, mother's love reigns supreme.

talking of the babies, they weren't allowed for any vaginal check-ups. they do not want to not put too much strain considering she was at the shy of her 9th months. her placenta have been shifting a little and there was barely any bleeding but for her safety, still no check-ups were allowed. so none of them basically have any idea what gender the babies are. is it boy and boy? girl and girl? girl and boy?

with their families and friends both pressuring, they had to note that at the end, it doesn't matter.

it could be boy and boy now, 12 years later changes into boy and girl; there are too many possibilities and lukasz and thea would still love them dearly. the babies gonna grow in a mixture of everything nice. every seed of hatred would be weed out; there will be no daddy issues. there will be no slips in of cynicism and wars pamphlets under the door; all the social issues to make them feel like they don't belong here would never push them away because when life handed it to both of them, thea would've taught them to tell them that they ought to meet both of their parent.

and marco. there's a reason why he's deadly behind the wheels.

and even if they failed, there is a reason why lukasz had made those cute cubicles at the front door and bought some rain boots and mini umbrellas; if there was anything both lukasz and thea had learnt- rain will wash everything away.